Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"So There Uncle Jeff!"


Jeff is always asking why everyone we know only blogs about their kids. I just shake my head and say, "Someday you will understand."

Y'all I am getting a little scared because of all the remarks he says regarding children and the habits of parents. I have started making a list of all sentences that come out of his mouth that start with the words, "My kids will never..." or "We will never ___________to our kids." I just know we are glutton for punishment because of these "Never Statements." I choose not to say these things because I do not want to eat my words someday.

So in honor of the remark, "Why do people only post about their kids?" here is a post about my favorite little man, Elijah.

I wish I had my camera out the minute he started warming up to his new surroundings. He gave me the Jack Nicholson looking to the side with a smirk that says, "Here I am !" Then he reached for me to pick him up. Have I ever told you that he melts my heart?

We did so much in that 3 hour span.

We played outside a good majority of that time.

We walked up and down the stairs too many times to count-his poor knees were probably scratched from the concrete steps.

We watched Elmo and ate our lunch outside on the patio while he played little drummer boy on our bedroom window where Jeff was sleeping. Later I asked Jeff if he heard him and he said that he didn't so I felt better about that.

We ate goldfish and it was here that I learned that Missy has trained him right. He would drop a few on the ground, say "Uh Oh" and start to pick up each and every fish.

Elijah wanted to be held after lunch so I rocked him in my office chair, he was out in five minutes. I was a little hesitant to lay him on my couch, not because I thought he would fall off but because I was enjoy a sleeping, cuddly Elijah.

The first picture on the second row is Elijah saying his favorite word, "Ball." But it sounds more drawn out and sounds more like a question. "Ballll?!?"

After his nap, I took him along with Alison and myself as we walked two miles. We walked really fast that day because someone forgot to empty the ole bladder before we left so we did the "Oprah Power Walk" as fast as we could. And I must say, pushing Elijah in the stroller wore me out!

But I loved every minute, he is so sweet and growing up way too fast!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barb said...

He's just as cute as he can be. No wonder he has such a special place in your heart. All the photos are wonderful. We're at that uh oh stage here, too. I wish they could stay this age forever!

Kimmy said...

I think we were all better parents before we had kids! There is not a one of us that didn't say "I'll never..." before parenting came into our lives. I've eaten some words... I know I'm not alone here. (o:

Parenting is humbling and character building... which is a good place to be.

Elijah is precious... what a great Aunt you are!

Kelly said...

I swore that I wouldn't turn into a "only blog about my kids" mom...I wanted to be sure to hang on to my identity! But already over 1/2 of my posts are pictures of Tate or stories about Tate. I do make a concerted effort to write about other things, but being a parent really does change you. In 5 months, I've already eaten my words on so many things.

Lynnie said...

I thinks it's wonderful to post about your kids. After all, once we become mothers, our hearts walk around outside our bodies. And they never go back...not even when your babies are 29 and 31! Who wouldn't fall in love with Elijah? Faith? Katy? I am certain there are no crowning glories as precious as mine! You are a wonderful aunt! Thanks for sharing Elijah time with us.