Many tears ALMOST shed by yours truly today.
1). I went shopping for Mother's Day cards today while I was grocery shopping. I was trying to pick out "grandmother" cards for our grandmothers. I started looking for Great Grandmother cards and quickly realized Heaven does not do postal services. I teared up a bit but quickly recovered. You see, I made a promise to my great-grandmother one night when I was staying at the hospital that I would not be sad but rejoice after she passed from this earth. I know she is in a better place but sometimes, I just need to cry...almost cry that is.
2). Jeff was cranky with me today...all is better now, but I almost shed some tears but decided this was too trivial to shed a tear so I went walking instead with my friend "Ali". After the walk, we were laughing so hard that I almost shed tears (not to mention wet my pants) from us laughing at the day to day happenings in our lives. Jeff and I talked later on the phone and I ALMOST cried from his sweetness...almost, I said, almost!
3). And last but not least, I almost cried when my Maverick's looked like they were about to have a huge upset towards the end of the 4Th quarter but my sweet Dirk pulled it out in the end so they have one more game. (Special Note to Dirk: "Now Dirk! Don't be a gentleman, take the shots and please don't pass them off next game. We all know that you are the best 3-point shooter and... WE NEED YOU DIRK!")
So no more ALMOST tears for me, I am heading to bed now where I will dream of my Mavericks victory! GO MAVS! (to which I end with a big finish: jump into a toe touch, back hand-spring-victory jazz hands-yelling Go Mavs all the way to my bedroom!)
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww! I'm so sorry about your card shopping epiphany. I can't say I understand. I have never lost someone quite that close, but I can only imagine, to be used to doing things for them and then you can't. What a SWEET grandma, though, to encourage your joy before she left to carry on once she was gone. What wisdom and tenderness she had to think ahead like that. You seem to have such a close family.
Post a Comment