Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sweet Adorable Emma

This post is for my friend Kim. I promised her that I had a story for her but would have to tell her after Mother's Day. You see, I was working on a surprise slide show for the Mother's of Metro Bible and didn't want to give away any information. And for those of you who know me well, I can't keep secrets so give me an inch and I will give you a miles worth of details. Oh and a side note, I am working through a bible study entitled "The Power of Your Words." So if you see me in public and I seem a little quiet, please don't take it personally, I am trying to tame the ole tongue. And again, if you know me, you know what a feat this is so please pray for me! LOL!

Okay now for the rest of the story. I have known Emma since she was a newborn baby. Her mom and I along with another good friend did a Bible study together one summer and became great friends. The type of friends that know you beyond the mask and love you anyway. I love these girls and I love this little one right here. Her personality is starting to overflow in the church setting and she keeps me on my toes and smiling!

I was walking around to the different classrooms taking pictures of the kids. This is the first picture of Emma. Can you tell her Mom is a scrapbooker like me because she did not need any coaching?

Then I turned around and tried to get a picture of this other sweet thing. I nicknamed her Boo because her hair looks like Boo in Monster's Inc. She is super sweet too but does not take pictures quite as professionally as Miss Emma. I had to coach little Boo to smile and sit still. But she is still cute no matter what her style of picture taking maybe.
After I had finished taking a picture I feel a tug at my leg and hear the sweet voice of Emma. "My turn!" So I snapped a picture. She then came to my side and said, "Is it a pretty one?" Meaning did the camera make her look super cute! I put my arms around her and gave her a little squeeze, "Yes Emma you look beautiful." Here is her beautiful pose.
And the little girl in the yellow dress below did not want her picture taken. She was too busy playing with her puzzle to stop and smile. Someone should of strapped a "Do Not Disturb" sign to her chest because that was the vibe she was given Mrs. Susan. But as you can see from the picture Emma is trying to act naturally and pretend that she does not see the big ole camera pointed in her direction. But I am on to you sweet adorable Emma!
There you go sweet, adorable Kim. When we are together scrapbooking in a few weeks I will give you these pictures. Who knows I may even do you up a page for the scrapbook!



1 comment:

Kimmy said...

...oh my... (with tears in my eyes) warms my heart... what a fun story... yeah, the girl certainly knows how to pose in front of the camera... thanks to her camera freak momma. (o: Thanks for sharing this! ~ Kim