
It's been my goal this summer to try new and challenging things. Who knew that I would end up being a "pro" at tennis! I have skills, y'all! Okay so that is a TOTAL exaggeration! TOTALLY PARSE!
To say I suck would be a better term. (sorry for the harsh language just speaking the truth in love) At least I am having fun that's all I can say! I am having fun and I am stretching myself that is for sure.
So let me give you a run down of last night....
1. I hit the ball way over the fence almost every time. And after hitting the ball way over the fence I would yell very loudly "HOME RUN!" and did the tennis pose you often see after they make a great hit. You know something like this...

2. The Tennis Instructor helped me get my form just right. So the next time it was my turn to practice, he started yelling "FORE!" or "WATCH OUT" to the court next to us since that is where the balls were now landing. I guess I went a little too far to the left. It gets better...
3. Tennis Instructors name is Bobby and if you have ever seen the show "Being Bobby Brown" on Bravo than you can probably hear the way I started to say his name. Whitney used to call Bobby really fast and southern girl like or maybe it was more valley girl like, "Bob-aye!" Then she would add his last name and yell Bobby BROWN! SO it sounded like this..."Bob-aye Bah-ROOOWN!" So anytime I needed to ask Bobby a question I said his name like Whitney, "Bob-aye! Bob-aye!" One of the ladies in my class said, "Oh that's funny you are calling him like Whitney calls her Bobby." So by the end of the night, we all were calling him BOB-AYE!
4. Later in the evening, BOB-AYE asked us to grab a ball and line up and while saying this he lightly tapped a ball and it came flying up to greet him in a very graceful sort of way. Well, I thought to myself, "I can do this." And proceeded to imitate what he just did. Well I didn't get the same result. The ball came flying up and smacked me in the face. At this point, the whole class dies laughing. (I can barely type, I am still laughing at myself.) Bob-AYE was turned around and did not see me so when he heard the class die laughing he says "What did you do?!?!"
"Oh I almost knocked myself out from imitating your move you just did."
He started to laugh and said "You are the most animated student I have ever had!"
(that is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!)
So am I learning anything about tennis? Yes, I am learning that I need to practice more.
But am I having fun? Yes, I am having a blast! Even if the whole class is laughing- I promise they are laughing with me and not at me!
Oh and the good news is, I am the same skill level as all the others-we really are a talented bunch...really! And...all of us are women (except for one who is being a moral support to his wife) so we are having lots of girl bonding on that court! We may put Bob-aye in an early grave (he is only 35) before the summer is done!
To say I suck would be a better term. (sorry for the harsh language just speaking the truth in love) At least I am having fun that's all I can say! I am having fun and I am stretching myself that is for sure.
So let me give you a run down of last night....
1. I hit the ball way over the fence almost every time. And after hitting the ball way over the fence I would yell very loudly "HOME RUN!" and did the tennis pose you often see after they make a great hit. You know something like this...

2. The Tennis Instructor helped me get my form just right. So the next time it was my turn to practice, he started yelling "FORE!" or "WATCH OUT" to the court next to us since that is where the balls were now landing. I guess I went a little too far to the left. It gets better...
3. Tennis Instructors name is Bobby and if you have ever seen the show "Being Bobby Brown" on Bravo than you can probably hear the way I started to say his name. Whitney used to call Bobby really fast and southern girl like or maybe it was more valley girl like, "Bob-aye!" Then she would add his last name and yell Bobby BROWN! SO it sounded like this..."Bob-aye Bah-ROOOWN!" So anytime I needed to ask Bobby a question I said his name like Whitney, "Bob-aye! Bob-aye!" One of the ladies in my class said, "Oh that's funny you are calling him like Whitney calls her Bobby." So by the end of the night, we all were calling him BOB-AYE!
4. Later in the evening, BOB-AYE asked us to grab a ball and line up and while saying this he lightly tapped a ball and it came flying up to greet him in a very graceful sort of way. Well, I thought to myself, "I can do this." And proceeded to imitate what he just did. Well I didn't get the same result. The ball came flying up and smacked me in the face. At this point, the whole class dies laughing. (I can barely type, I am still laughing at myself.) Bob-AYE was turned around and did not see me so when he heard the class die laughing he says "What did you do?!?!"
"Oh I almost knocked myself out from imitating your move you just did."
He started to laugh and said "You are the most animated student I have ever had!"
(that is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!)
So am I learning anything about tennis? Yes, I am learning that I need to practice more.
But am I having fun? Yes, I am having a blast! Even if the whole class is laughing- I promise they are laughing with me and not at me!
Oh and the good news is, I am the same skill level as all the others-we really are a talented bunch...really! And...all of us are women (except for one who is being a moral support to his wife) so we are having lots of girl bonding on that court! We may put Bob-aye in an early grave (he is only 35) before the summer is done!
5 comments:
You get your talent from me. My last tennis coach still hasn't recovered. But we had fun! Dr. Sam says you can practice on his court. I say we should have a doubles match. Maybe Gunnar and family can come out to chase the balls we hit out of the court. If not, we will be spending all our time running after the balls-gone-awry! (Don't go there....) Fun is the key to tennis - and a great sense of humor helps!
Sounds like it would be great fun just to come watch!! I could bring your own personal cheering squad.
oh, you make me giggle. That's such a good story. Danny loves tennis... this is his favorite time of the year. It's the only sport he watches on TV! I need to learn... (o: ~ Kim
Sounds like fun. I've been mulling over tennis lessons for my daughter and me, but it would almost be a letdown now WITHOUT a student like you in our class. People that make you comfortable with laughing at your own self are the kind of people I like to be around! I would tell you "Have Fun!" but DUH, I think you already know that!
Life is only as fun as you allow it to be and I am so glad that you are not wasting away! You and Amy together playing sports would be great to watch!
Post a Comment