Friday, June 22, 2007

What do you do when your day is totally out of whack?

YOU BLOG ABOUT IT!


I was supposed to be on my way to Frisco, Plano and Grapevine today to get the final parts of my inventory tour done for work. When I came back from phase one of the tour yesterday I had a ton of emails to attend to. I woke up early to get them done, I am still working and I am waiting on a very important phone call from a client who works in L.A. They are two hours behind me and he doesn't start working until 10:00 a.m California time which means it will be noon my time before I get to talk to him. And who wants to drive to Frisco, Plano or Grapevine in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday! NOT ME!

So I head to Plan B.

The turn of events reminds me of a conversation Jeff and I had this week. Both of us are tired of the "waiting" period we have found ourselves in for, oh say, the last 4 YEARS!

"God please release us to move forward." In Jesus Name, AMEN!


"But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me."
--Micah 7:7


The other night I cried. I prayed to God to break us free from this holding pattern. I prayed the prayer that seems to be in every breath of my being these days...the one for a baby. I never thought it would be this hard to wait. But God is faithful, I know this. I continue to wait. But I no longer wait with a heart full of bitterness, I wait with joyful anticipation as I watch my life unfold day by day. I told a friend the other day that if we never have kids it is because God has other plans for us and I am fine with that. Maybe this is what God has been moving me towards all along. I have a heart that trusts Him completely where as before I was afraid of the "what ifs." I have a heart that is taking life one day at a time, where as before I wanted a plan, to be in control of my circumstances. Now I just live each day fully. For instance like today, I would have been angry in the past if things didn't go my way. But I know that there is nothing I can do about the inventory. I will do it later, the stores will still be there but the client has a deadline of today at 5. So I have altered my plans for today...no big deal. What can I do! Nothing! No need to stress out about it. I know my boss won't be stressed, she will be proud that I handled this client while she is away handling another client.

I guess I share all of this with you to encourage you in your life wherever your holding pattern may be.

The job will come.

The buyer for the house will come.

The insurance agent will come.

The doctor will come.

The kids will come.

The church members will come.

The direction of what to do next will come.

But we must wait. We must trust. We must keep moving forward one day at a time. How about we wait with hopeful anticipation for whatever God brings our way? The more the merrier, right?!?!?

God bless your journey!

3 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful reminder. I know one of my toughest times is when the Lord told me to "be still." It was hard to wait and as you said "be in a holding pattern."

Brooks Inc. said...

Susan-I just read this post with tears inmy eyes...I join you in your prayer that the Lord would break this holding pattern.

I join you in prayign with peaceful anticipation!

BJB

Kimmy said...

good perspective... ~ Kim