Monday, July 09, 2007

Proof that this Chick Is Getting Organized


This is my first time to join Laura in the Menu Planning Monday post.
I have been looking in each week to get ideas but have never gotten my act together far enough in advance to have a whole weeks worth of meals already planned out. But, drumroll please, I have finally gotten my stuff together!
Here's whats cooking in my kitchen this week:

Monday-Spinach Turkey Lasagna

Tuesday-Toasted Almond Chicken with white rice

Wednesday-Beef Stew and Cornbread (slow cooker recipe)

Thursday-Tortilla Pie with Mexican Rice

Friday-Saturday-Depends on the weekend plans


Lately we have been cooking something light and quick on Fridays and renting a DVD to watch. I have realized that keeping it slow on Friday nights, helps my husband, who works nights Monday through Thursday, get back into the swing of things for the weekend. But I NEVER cook on Saturdays, the kitchen is closed that night! It is Saturday night after all!

Let me know if you want a recipe in the comments. These are all from my favorite cookbook and sadly there is not a link on the Internet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful meal plan!! I love cornbread!!

Tracy said...

We will be over for dinner every night this week! :)

gail@more than a song said...

Welcome to menu plan Monday! You've got some great things planned this week. Your Friday plan sounds like a fun time and I can be the same way about Saturdays.
Happy Monday!

mistihollrah said...

Yummy! Welcome to menu planning monday!

daughteroftheking said...

I'd love the mexican recipe!

Kendra said...

I want the almond chicken on rice if you get a chance to share . .

You know, I had a group of friends once who each took a week to menu plan for the group, then shared the menu and recipes (and even grocery list!!) on their week. I think there were 6 of us or so, and it worked for me for a while . . .harder as the kids multiply and my life is harder to organize (I need to get better - you are an inspiration!)
Thanks -
k

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Hey, I would love the -Toasted Almond Chicken with white rice
and
Beef Stew and Cornbread (slow cooker recipe's if you please. THanks for the great ideas.

Laura said...

Yeah! Thanks so much for joining us, sounds like a great week!

Laura

Unknown said...

I want the Almond Chicken recipe also. You can e-mail it to me if you want at katya0026@hotmail.com. That sounds yummy, and I am always looking for new things to get me out of the cooking rut I always seem to get into!