Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday #1



Last night after my husband left for work, I realized that there have been many times that he has gone over the call of duty yet I am not saying thanks near as much as I should. So in an effort to get it all in writing so I can tell it to his face when he wakes up, I am joining in on Thankful Thursday.

1. Jeff kept the house clean while I was away on a business trip. There is nothing better than walking into a house that is clean especially when you weren't the one keeping it that way. But you did stay up late the night before getting it that way.

2. He made dinner Tuesday night when I got in hours earlier than planned. He didn't have to do this but he did and didn't even grumble about it.

3. He made dinner because I was taking a nap. I slept for 2 hours that day because I did not get much sleep on my business trip. He didn't wake me or bother me. In fact at one point I realized he was reading quietly while holding my hand. I was thankful that he recognized my need for uninterrupted sleep.

4. He gets up an hour early to head into church while I practice with the praise team on Sunday morning. He does not need to do this, I have offered to take my own car so he can sleep. He says "Nah, I like having our Sundays together." And I totally agree because this is the one day we get to spend together when we are awake at the same time. It is a precious time for us.

5. He brought me a slice of banana bread that they had served during Sunday school but I missed out because I was downstairs practicing. And he filled a water bottle with lemons so that I could sip on it during the sermon after I got done singing. For those of you who may sing, you understand the need to keep your throat from getting dry. But the fact that he stuffed lemons into the water bottle before we left for church, knowing it was my favorite way to drink water is so precious to me. The guys in our church that sit by us were so amazed that he was able to get the lemons inside the hole. They would say, "How did you do that?" and Jeff replied, "Very carefully!"

6. He always tells me when I sit down, "Beautiful job." Not good job but beautiful job. His encouragement makes my heart soar.

7. He is working on something right now that I need to keep private but I watch him working and organizing and I am simply amazed by this. He is doing such a great job! I have really been proud of how he is going over and beyond the call of duty on this one. I am watching this realizing how blessed I am to have a husband who gets things done. Great job, Jeff!

8. And the last thing that I will mention is that every morning when he comes home from work (I am usually am still sound asleep) he will get into bed and say, "I love you, Susan." I have realized that he will keep saying this until I finally wake from my slumber and say, "I love you Jeff." Seriously today he said it maybe 5 times until I finally woke up and said, "I love you, Jeff." I wonder what would happened if I never woke up to tell him, would he keep going until I did. I hope so, it is a sweet way to wake up.

His birthday is coming up on Monday so hopefully this will be a nice kick off to his birthday celebration. Jeff, I truly thankful for you and all that you have blessed me with in the last 7 years.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Susan, I am so excited you joined in. This was a heartwarming list to read, you are truly blessed with your husband!!

Have a great Thursday.

Anonymous said...

You've got a dear one there! blessings...

Changed by His Love said...

Susan - that was the sweetest list. What a blessing he is. The lemons - very cool. Way to go to you too for edifying him on your blog.

Kathy said...

He sounds like a keeper! :)

AJ said...

What a sweet tribute to your husband. I love that he put lemons in your water! How thoughtful!

How did you get that good reads thingy on your side bar? Dawn sent me the link,but I haven't done anything with it yet...

I just finished quaker summer last month. After I read it, I totally cleaned out our closets.

Pearson Family said...

I hope you print that list out and frame it. So sweet!

Susie said...

My mouth dropped to the floor on number one and he stayed open for all the thankfuls. He sounds like a jewel! I love all the simple things he does for you just because he loves you. Too sweet!

Mary said...

Thanks so much for sharing your sweet list. Your hubby sounds like a keeper! You really honored him in this list. Blessings on your day.

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so happy you are here. I enjoyed your thankful list.

Tarrah said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful husband :)

Have a beautiful weekend!

Hopeful Spirit said...

Very sweet!