Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blessings from the Little Things

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


I woke up in my hotel room today, the coffee pot did not work. Later I plugged in my curling iron to the same plug, it too did not work. That is when I realized that I needed to push that little red buttoen in between the plug holes to "recharge" the outlet. Curling iron turned on, coffee pot started doing it's thing. I did the "Praise Jesus" dance because it was 5:30 a.m and I really, really needed a jumpstart today.

God is good to give us what we need if we just plug ourselves in and let him hit the little red button to "recharge" our outlet.

I am praying for consistency in meeting with Him first. I have a horrible habbit of logging into the computer before I log in to God. Somehow that just doesn't seem right to me.

Lately God has been blessing me with the small details. Like today, I thought I wouldn't be home before my husband went to work. I was home 4 hours before he had to go to work. I curled up in our bed and slept while he read a book and held my hand. And also today, I was told that my meeting in Frisco tomorrow is cancelled. My boss realized I had enough on my plate and did not need to add more stress to my day by driving out to her office when I could easily work out of mine, in my pajamas, with my favorite coffee cup to the left and my cute little mouse pad to my right. There is something so sweet about working in the comfort of your own home surrounded by the things you love.

I continue to see ways that God is molding us and blessing us during this time of waiting and for that I send Him nothing but praise. In the Sunday post I wrote the quote from Nancy's talk last week. When I find myself getting moody and irratible with life's happenings-I fall back to that quote. (If you have yet to read, let me just say you are missing out.) I don't ever want to look back on this phase of my life and say, "I wish I took more time to do this or I wish I did this more." I want to live each day to the fullest and just wait for God to reveal the plans He has for us. It is a wonderful journey when you stop pushing and just start trusting. I just wish I was trusting more than pushing.

Oh and yes, that's a cheetah chair on my profile picture. I am so in love with this chair. I found it and now I am saving up for it. Too bad it is not one of the chairs I sell because I could maybe talk one of my dealers into selling it to me at cost. Did you know that I work for a huge furniture company but I don't a discount when I buy? Yes, it's true-sad but true. So I am doing what every good rep does-get to know the competition and beg for a discount! Cross your fingers, all you can do is ask, right?


Oh I live a blessed life, yes I do, yes I do!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It is great to remember to see God in the little things. It is hard to believe how much he cares about the details of our lives.
How lucky for you that you are able to work at home in your pajamas. Maybe soon you can lounge around in that fabulous chair sipping your coffee and reading your Bible.

Kimmy said...

I love that coffee photo... and I love this post... little things are the best. ~ Kim