Tuesday, August 21, 2007

29 and 1/2

Today is my 1/2 birthday.

I am now 29 1/2. I thought this would be a good day to check to see if I have done any of the goals that I have set out to accomplish before I turn the big 3-0.

Click here to read the original list.

I feel some major revisions are going to need to be done because things have changed in the last 6 months. See what happens when you try to plan?

It doesn't work.

So here is a revised list:

1. Live each day to the fullest

2. Continue to tell Jeff I love him every single day.

3. Pray more-plan less.

4. Be more loving to friends and family in my life. Jeff and I call this "Being Other Oriented"

5. Learn to Knit (this is on the original list-I am almost there)

6. Buy less save more.

7. Read more books...watch less television.

8. Be content with where I am and not try to rush ahead of God's plan

9. Continue my quest to become "Lil' Susie Homemaker"

10. Go to Vegas!

Oh and one last thing-do better about calling friends and family to check in.

Have I ever told you that I hate talking on the phone? I should be better about calling but I am on the phone ALL DAY LONG, I would rather meet for coffee and chat for an hour or meet for lunch and eat and chat for an hour. I will get better about doing this. Although I am not making plans anymore-just living. I am living each day one day at a time.

And I promise you, I will be in Vegas before February 21st.

I may go alone (since Jeff hates Vegas) but I will be there and I will love it fully!

Anyone else want to go with me?

we could do a girl trip or something like that.

Okay, that is all the blogging I plan to do this week.

I will touch base on Friday after Jeff (and probably me) have had a chance to rest.

And his colon will be super clean by then. :)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday!
Great lists. I am with you on #'s 1,3, 8, and 9. The not planning part is the hardest for me, that and giving it over to God and resisting the temptation to take it back.

You are far more ambitious than I was before turning 30, or after for that matter. LOL
My only goal was to take a belly dancing class. I did and when time allows I would love to take more.

daughteroftheking said...

Susan, I am reading this and thinking it is serious and everything and then I read the last line! You crack me up!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Great list Susan! One of my dad's favorite sayings is, "if you want to hear God laugh, announce your plans!" Just thought that I would share that with you. It fits in so well with your blog!

Love ya!

Barb said...

No thanks to Vegas. I can live the whole rest of my life without ever hearing another slot machine. LOL

But the rest of your list sure sounds doable!

Melissa Taylor said...

Okay, it took me a while to find your blog - I was on your roadtrip one, and I couldn't figure out why you haven't blogged in so long... Anyway I found your daily blog now!! Yeah. Now I can see what you are doing. Happy 1/2 birthday. I'm gonna tell you the truth that no one else will. TURNING 30 SUCKS! It all goes down hill after that. I'm still trying to help my body adjust and recover, but I'm not sure it ever will. The only good thing about it is that you are wiser. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back - I just want my body to!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I am SO with you on the phone talking thing. Hate it. But love the talking, so, yeah, dinner dates with friends is great. And so is the living one day at a time thing. It takes longer to get where you're going, but you don't miss all the side streets that God has planned either. That's pretty much what my blog tagline is all about!