"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
The first time I read this verse, I was sitting on my bed praying for my family situation. In the other room, my mom and step-dad were having an escalated fight in the middle of the living room. I didn't know what to do, I was terrified and I knew it would only get worse if I made an appearance. I began to pray as hard as I could that God would provide a way out for my mom and I. That man, my step dad, was an evil, cruel person. He was a wolf in sheeps clothing. But God was faithful. He blessed me through that verse. I prayed it many times during that period in my life. And God proved Himself by providing a way out for us.
The second time this verse grabbed my attention yet again, I was sitting in my room at the house I rented while in college. I was making a hefty decision that night, should I stay or should I go. It was not easy realizing that I would not finish my college degree at ACU. I hated to leave but I knew that God was telling me not to focus on the here and now but on the Him and the rest of the story would be written later.
The third time this verse caught my attention,was the other night after I wrote this post. If you were sitting on my side of the screen, you would of seen many tears and pacing across the room and prayer-lots of prayers lifted up to the heavens that night. It was the first time that I allowed my emotions to get the better of me. God was faithful. Since that night, I have felt a sense of peace like never before.
I have been filled.
The next morning, during the "Daniel Study" by Beth Moore she quoted this verse. The same one that has always served as God's reminder to me that He is faithful. It was like He was reminding me, yet again, that He will see us through. I sat and quoted it under my breath right along with Mrs. Beth. Oh how this verse speaks to me!
Later in our prayer time, I shared with the ladies what I just told all of you. I love this verse. But more importantly I love the fact that God once again has proven His faithfulness to me. You see, He didn't have to prove Himself. Just like He didn't have to in high school and college. But He did. Why? He is faithful. As well as loving, kind, patient, quick to forgive, selfless and compassionate to name a few.
I realize that there are things that we must go through in order for God's work to be made complete. It's not easy nor is it fun. But I believe it is necessary. Necessary for us to grow in Christ and to rest in Him. I believe it is important for us to realize that this too shall pass. That yes, this world will have trouble and we will have hard times. But God wants to and will see us through.
"In my weakness, He is made strong." And isn't' that really what it is all about?! To God be the glory, to God be the glory.
Oh and just remember, He is faithful, y'all.
He is faithful.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes. He is so faithful. Thanks for taking time to write it out! These "real deal" posts are my favorite thing about blogging.
We need to have coffee sometime. Or ice cream.
Thanks so much, Susan, for the reminder of God's faithfulness. Thank you for sharing from your heart. I do get Blessed Assurances when I visit here.
First of all, good job on your weight loss! I need to do this too.
I love that God was so personal with you. He is such a relational God, and speaks to us so directly and uniquely.
Post a Comment