Thursday, August 02, 2007

I Never Won the Quiet Game Growing Up

This week has been busy. Good busy. Not pulling my hair out at the end of the day busy, but sighing with satisfaction for all that I have done that day.



Ask me if I worked out? NO. And proud of it!


I did, however clean out my scrapbook closet, made over $100 selling used books on Amazon.com (thank you Ashley for the inspiration!), read "The Testament", did some projects for work and folded all of our laundry and put it away after it came out of the dryer.



Plus, J and I narrowed down the house hunt. That officially started August 1st. We are so ready to move that I am having a hard time not packing up the whole apartment right this very minute. Then living out by the curb until the movers arrive...90 days from now. I have always been like this. I was packed and ready to go to camp weeks before we were to leave. It's not that I have my life that put together that I am able to pack weeks in advance, it's that the anticipation to leave drives me to get ready fast.



We have found 3 houses that fit our needs. We plan to contact our realtor friend in a few weeks (tomorrow if I had my way)to have him take us on a tour. I continue to pray over this one house that it will not be sold before we get over there. I doubt that it will because it has been on the market for 3 months now already. If it is gone, than no worries it's not the house for us. I have my bible study chicks praying that God give us clear direction on where to buy. We sort of know the area we want but we always go back to this older neighborhood that is being restored close to Downtown Fort Worth. Those houses have lots of character and don't look all the same. No offense, but I hate those newer neighborhoods were all the houses are identical. I know some of you love it, I hate it though. I have always beaten my own drum...ALWAYS.



Anyways, do you want to see pictures of my scrapbook closet before and after? Okay.





Here's the Before...

Here's The After

I took out our winter coats and placed those in our closet. Most of my coats I am giving away this year because they are either too small or need to be retired (if you know what I mean). These shelves I used to store all of our catalogs for work in my patio storage. But now that I work once a week at my bosses office, she told me to bring all the catalogs there. So now this shelf can be used inside for all my goodies. I put all of the stamping stuff on the bottom shelf. The third shelf is for my paper box and my embellishment container. The second shelf is my punches, ribbons and rulers. The top shelf is my other stamp box that I take with me on weekend crops and my photo boxes.
The flower box and basket on the top shelf is the nieces and nephew stash. Coloring Books, Barbie Dolls and puzzles are confined to those two things. Uncle Jeff and I made a decision this week to throw out the stuff that they never played with or if it had 100 pieces to it, we threw it out. They will never miss this stuff, I gurantee it
My paper rack. I store all of my solid paper here and my patterned paper is stored in a paper box. It's in my car at this moment but I will photograph it for you scrapbook people out there. It it very handy and keeps my papers organized. I bought this paper rack through a company online with a Christmas bonus two years ago. It comes in handy when you are working at home. Very easy to find what I need when it is organized.
As you can see, I have been busy. One day soon, I will photograph all the little things I use to organize this place. Because if you scrapbook as much as I do, you tend to always look for ways to keep the stuff from overflowing into your house. Plus I love order and being able to find things rather quickly. Call me crazy but that is just the way I roll.



9 comments:

daughteroftheking said...

you've been a busy bee! Looks great it'll be a bummer to pack up what you just organized! I did'nt know you were working out of the house 1 day a week.

Kathy said...

Having everything purged and organized will be heplful when you are ready to move. I have been working on that this past year. I have filled the back of my Suburban at least 7 times and there is still more we can get rid of. I did promise my husband that he can keep the proceeds if he sell anything. He has his heart set on some more music gear so he is motivated now. Hopefully I can reclaim my deck soon!
I'll be praying for the perfect house.

Pearson Family said...

So impressive! Glad you are back!

Barb said...

Wow. That must feel pretty good! And you have a paper rack! I'd love one but have absolutely nowhere at all to put it. I do have my scrapbooking supplies neatly stored but your paper rack is very cool.

*Kendra* said...

Hmmm, packing up a house??? Not on my list of fun things to do.....maybe cause it's 12:00 am on Friday morning and if I'm up I should be packing---but no, I'm on the computer instead. I'm glad yall are looking up in Keller for houses. Where?

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Susan,

Just read your last two posts and thanks. You can't imagine how much I appreciate someone voicing that. To just LET PEOPLE grieve over things without offering all kinds of advice that has already been tried and tried again. That can just frustrate more for the very reason you mentioned. Making someone feel they must "earn" the friendship. Anyway, I never found your e-mail, but I appreciate all the encouragement. Especially because I am a get-it-off-my-chest kind of gal in a please-don't-make-us-uncomfortable-by-having-a-problem kind of world. For me it's an issue of being too prideful to reach out, but too aware that the usual response is apathy. Thanks for not being like that. :) (And I'm feeling much better after some sleep. Nothing can make me feel as hopeless as a night without good rest!)

Mayhem And Miracles said...

O.K. I meant to say NOT an issue of pride, but a fear of the usual apathathetic response. And I'm talking about your last post. I wrote on the wrong one. DUH.

Kimmy said...

how exciting...!!! Can't WAIT to hear about the house... and good job on the closet... very inspiring... (o:
~ Kim

Beck Boys said...

That is impressive. WoW!! Good luck with the house hunt. It can be a lot of fun.