Sunday, August 05, 2007

These Are The Days

I made a promise to myself after the last negative pregnancy test to quit worrying about the future and start living in the moment. This thought process has been very freeing for me. I am blessed.

Due to this new found, freedom to live each day to fullest, I have been doing just that.

Friday night, Jeff and I debated whether or not to go out on the town or stay home and just chill. We chose the later. He watched Bourne Identity while I sat at our dining room table to scrapbook. (I love having my newly organized scrapbook to where I can do as much or as little without pulling out ever little thing)

Saturday morning we drove to the local train station to catch a train to Downtown Fort Worth for the day. We only live 15-20 minutes from Downtown but we love riding the train. On the train, we met a man who was in his late 70's. This man was traveling to one of the local shelters to preach to the children there. He has been doing this for 20 years. I was not the one sitting closest to him so Jeff carried the conversation. It was a tender moment for me seeing the man Jeff is becoming. A man who goes outside of himself to talk to others, perfect strangers in fact. As I listened to Jeff and this man converse, the scripture about entertaining angels kept popping in my head.

After the train ride, we caught the "Bourne Ultimatum" matinee feature, for the two of us it was only $8. We love matinees. Plus the movie was very, very good. Not as good as one and two but still good.

Afterwords, we headed to our favorite burger joint for lunch. Jeff kindly suggested that I hold down a table close to the window while he placed our order. So while he ordered, I sat and read my recent book. Two hours later we left the restaurant, fully fed and fully relaxed from just taking a moment to sit with nothing on our schedule.

We then headed to our favorite bookstore and again sat for another grand length of time while we perused our favorite authors and magazines.

At one point, Jeff and I even talked about the song by 10.000 Maniacs where I borrowed the title for my post. We dubbed that song our theme song because soon life will change for us. And even though we will always be able to head to downtown Fort Worth, it may never be just like this one day. Where time stood still for a brief moment and we were able to just enjoy living in the moment.

We are blessed.

9 comments:

daughteroftheking said...

Sounds wonderful! I can't really remember what that might be like! Yes, enjoy the times like these girl they are few and far between when you have kids. There are other fun things with kids too. But there is just something about being able to get away for the day with your man!

Pearson Family said...

fun and relaxing! peaceful.

Susie said...

Oh this date sounded wonderful right from from the beginning. Glad you are taking time to enjoy each moment.

Kimmy said...

what a lovely, lovely time with your husband... beautifully written and wonderful memories... good for you, girl... good for you! ~ Kim

Tracy said...

I hope this comes out the way I mean it....having a child is kind of bitter sweet. Don't get me wrong...we LOVE Bryson and wouldn't change our lives for anything!! But the days of being just the "two of you" are over when you have a baby. So enjoy this time. You have the rest of your lives to have a family...so cherish every moment that you have being just you and Jeff. A baby will come when it is the right time for you...and you know that God has his own plan for you. So in the mean time...enjoy your days of being able to just spend it with your honey! :)

Kendra said...

Sweet times . . .enjoy and savor! Thanks for sharing!

Wade said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Curiousity is getting the best of me though - which hamburger joint it is that is your favorite?

Karl McD. said...

Nice day. Love the details and the great relaxing atmosphere!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh, I just loved this post. I love the hope in your last paragraph in being sure things will change for you in God's timing. Meanwhile, I agree with other posters. Continue to enjoy this time just as you have been. Kids are a blessing, but so many of us would LOVE to spend a day like that as well. I do hope for you to have your prayers answered.