Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fall Into Reading 2007


Fall- the season of reaping, gathering in, harvesting and rejoicing.



One reason why I love to blog is because of people like Katrina. Many people host different meme's and challenges but the reading challenges is one that I look forward to each new season. This summer I read over 50 books. If you know me, you know I am always reading. The library is my favorite place to visit. I have found this to be the highlight of my week. I go, pick out 4 books and read all four books during the two weeks that I have them to myself. I have also loved getting to know new authors based on the recommendations from my GOOD READ friends and the others who participate in this challenge.



So with no further ado, here is my fall "To Be Read" list:



1. Church History in Plain Language by Bruce Shelly

(Side note: This book is very out of character for me but it is for the Women's Book Club at church, they say it will be worth the read. I am a little scared though!)



2. Having a Mary Heart In a Martha World by Joanna Weaver



3. Becoming A Woman of Discretion by Nancy Leigh Demoss



4. If I Gained the World by Linda Nichols



5. At the Scent of Water by Linda Nichols



6. Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares



7. The Last Summer by Ann Brashares



8. Playing for Pizza by John Grisham



9. The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty



10. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini



11. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult



12. Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston



13. Me & Emma Elizabeth Flock



14. Elementary, My Dear Watkins (A Smart Chick Mystrey) by Mindy Clark Starns



This of course, is not the complete list. I actually have 23 books in my Good Reads cue but this should last me for at least a few weeks. Okay, I can't wait to stop by everyone else who is participating, really most of these books come recommended by others in blog land. Who knew blogging could be so inspiring?!?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your going to have a great Fall reading the books on your list...enjoy.

Shauna said...

Happy reading! I've read several on your list.

Susanne said...

Happy reading to you!

Sarah said...

My Sister's Keeper is a great book! Have some tissue. It really makes you think and cry a little! Just thought I would let you know. I like most of her books. Some of them are somewhat graphic, but this one is excellent! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I loved Flabbergasted and just bought the second one in the series. Hope you like it!

Susie said...

I have been keeping a look out for Kite Runner at the library, but it is always checked out. I'm anxious to see how you like it. You are going to be a busy reader this fall. Enjoy!

Brittanie said...

We have a few in common. I loved Flabbergasted also. I am the first on the library list for the new John Grisham book. It sounds really good. :)

twiga92 said...

I've read several on your list. If I Gained the World and At the Scent of Water are really good. So is Having a Mary Heart. I have that book Church History in Plain Language - that thing's huge!
Oh and Flabbergasted is good too. Happy reading!

Kathy said...

I might have to add some of these to my "When I finally have time to read" list.
The Kite Runner is excellent.

Happy Reading!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

We're reading several of the same authors this fall! I loved reading your list, and especially hearing about your love for reading. Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Leah said...

I really enjoyed reading "Having A Mary Heart in a Martha World" last year. It's a great study book! I also have "The Kite Runner" on my list, and I've seen it on a few other lists as well. Looking forward to reading some of your reviews!

Nise' said...

Great list. I see Kite Runner on lots of lists. May have to add it to my TBR list. Looking forward to the John Grisham book as well!

Kelly said...

WOW! I recently read "My Sister's Keeper." It is very well-written and is such a thought-provoking plot. "The Kite Runner" is my next book to read. I've heard great things aout it.

Sandra said...

Great list, Happy Reading!

I see a lot of you are reading The Kite Runner, can't wait to hear the review.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I am picking up more books of interest going through all these reading lists! Amazon is going to love me

Overwhelmed! said...

Great list! I've got "The Kite Runner" on my list too but I have to wait for my husband to finish it before I can start. :)

Let me know how "My Sister's Keeper" is, I want to read that one!

Have fun reading!

Deena Peterson said...

#2, #5, and #14 are GREAT!

Much Ado said...

Great list and I love your blog design!

Leya said...

Great list! Happy Reading!