Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Quick Prayer for a Friend


"Lord, sometimes we don't know where to begin. Sometimes our hearts are just too heavy to speak. But it is in these times that your Spirit interceeds for us.

Lord I pray for Jodi and her family. Grant them peace that passes all understanding. I pray for Grandmommy who is saying goodbye to her sweet husband. Comfort her-walk with her. She needs to feel your presence today.

And Lord we thank you for the legacy that Grandaddy has left this sweet family. We thank you for the fact that Leon knows you intimately and you know Him. Oh the angels will be dancing and singing soon.

Lord help all of us who know Jodi and her family to find ways to comfort them. If it means us babysitting the crew for all the parents-so be it. If it means cooking a warm meal-so be it. If it means just sitting with mouth shuts arms open-so be it.

We love you Lord. We know that it is in these times, friends hurting, grandparents dying that you are with us. We praise you Lord for Christian community. We thank you Lord for putting relationships in our path that span across two generations.

Lord, be with us. Show us your glory this weekend.

And Lord on a personal note, speak to us and the ladies of Metro this weekend at the Nancy Leigh Demoss conference. May we come home renewed and changed by being in YOUR presence this weekend.

In Jesus name,
Amen

2 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I just said a prayer for your friends and Jodi's family. I don't know them, of course, but you have been such a huge blessing of encouragement in our current trials and it just caused me to care so much about what you all are going through. "Bear ye one another's burdens." Thank you for your tangible obedience to this verse and I wanted to do the same for you. I will pray for Jodi can her family each time they cross my mind. Bless you.

Kimmy said...

Amen. ~ kim