You blog of course.
I did something very out of character for me this weekend. I turned off the computer. Tonight when I couldn't sleep, I decided to check out GOOGLE READER to see if anyone had posted. It seems I was the only one who stayed away from the computer. For the first time, in the history of me using GOOGLE READER, I had over 50 posts to read. I decided that I would hold off reading all of these until in the morning, when I have a fresh cup of coffee brewing, a wonderful case of bed head and teeth that are in dire need of a good brushing. Nothing says "Good Morning Blog land" better than bad breath and sweet smelling coffee. Jeff calls it "A Case of the Exactlys" ...because your mouth smells exactly like your @#S! Oh my husband thinks he is soooo funny! And he seems to be getting so many requests to start a blog of his own that he is getting a little scared. Gun shy as I like to call it.
Speaking of guns. Were we speaking of guns? Not sure. But we are NOW! Jeff has been looking to get a handgun for a very, very, very long time. Almost as long as we have been looking for a house. This past Saturday we were driving home from his brothers when he asked if I would happen to like to get my concealed hand gun license too. I thought about it for a second and said, "Sure, why not. Can I get a pink one?"
Oh he laughed. Hard. I asked him what was so funny. A pink hand gun seemed like a reasonable request. He said, "Susan, a pink handgun?" I sat there silent. Then he replied "You know I did see a pink glock (the thing that holds the bullets, I think) that you can put inside your gun. Do you want to do it with me?"
Girls (and Wade) I think I do. I really, think I do. I just think with Jeff working nights and me home alone and this world going to hell in a hand basket, I think I would feel safer. Not to mention the fun we can have shooting at
And don't worry, we are looking to buy a safe to store our one black, one pink gun in. Also we are going to have to take a 10 hour safety course before we buy. Safety First, People! Safety first!
I know my sisters-in-law are going to start not allowing the kids to come over and play once they read this post. (don't worry sisters, you know your children will probably be 18 before Jeff finds the gun he wants anyway.
But you know, I grew up around guns. My dad taught us well. For some reason, carrying my own gun around seems like what I was born to do.
Especially a gun that is pink.
By the way, this post has taken on a whole new dimension. i really did not plan on telling you about my dream of having a gun. But I just did. I guess i get loose lips (or fingers) when I am tired and it is fast approaching 1 AM.
Okay, pleasant dreams. I will see you on the flip side!
6 comments:
This post bring new meaning to the phrase "lurkers beware!"
guns scare me...but i am glad to hear that yall will take a safety class!! that is very good and responsible of yall :) (pat on the back)
Hey, I've just been waiting to have enough time to go get my license. I'm with you. I grew up Texan, shooting with my Dad. I even have a friend who goes once a year to an all day shooting retreat for women only. I can't wait to finally go with her next year. (But just for safety and sport. I'm still not ready to officially "hunt.")
OH my goodness! I'm going in 6 weeks to a class to get my concealed license too!!! Crazy! I love shooting, but mostly shoot skeet.....
And, by the way, a Glock is a brand of gun. The "clip" is what holds the bullets. Don't let Jeff tell you that you can't get a pink gun....they make them!!!
When I was 9 months pregnant with my 1st my husband worked full time and went to school at night. He decided that we needed a gun in the house so I would be able to protect myself. I cried the whole way home from the gun store (hormones). A few months later I took the class, got my permit, and my own revolver.
My husband wanted me to keep my permit with my drivers liscense, I wanted to keep it in the fanny pack I use when I wear the gun. One day I got pulled over for speeding and distracted the officer asking his advice and who was right. Not that I am advocating you speed, or misuse your permit...just saying those things come in handy!
Will you bring your pink gun to Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment