Today is F.I.L's day!
Funny side story for you all:
For a few years the in-laws and Jeff and I all went to the same church. Before MIL and FIL moved and decided to find something closer to home. I have called my in-laws, MIL and FIL for quite sometime. I am big on nicknames and usually if I find one that sticks I run with it. Well, I called FIL, FIL because you know, that's my name for him, many times at church. One guy came up to him and said "Hey PHIL how's it going?" And Jon (aka FIL) answered him like nothing was wrong. Oh I laughed and laughed. Later when I was alone with the guy that called him PHIL, I explained that his name is actually Jon not PHIL. And I call him F.I.L because he is my father in law.
Happy Birthday F.I.L!
May your day be all that you want, need or desire.
We love you bunches!

The kids gave their parents a night away-their faces are priceless. This is one couple that truly loves each other.

Jeff snapped this picture of FIL. The boys have a standing tradition of smoking cigars at big events. This was in honor of 40 years of marriage. I think he deserves a cigar, don't you?

Up until the 40 years together party, I did not know FIL could dance. And let me tell you, he should be on Dancing With The Stars!

The kids gave their parents a night away-their faces are priceless. This is one couple that truly loves each other.
Jeff snapped this picture of FIL. The boys have a standing tradition of smoking cigars at big events. This was in honor of 40 years of marriage. I think he deserves a cigar, don't you?
Up until the 40 years together party, I did not know FIL could dance. And let me tell you, he should be on Dancing With The Stars!
And finally, he loves his granddaughter Hayley and the feeling is mutual. Hayley is a big fan of her Poppy! They are sweet, sweet friends. And I love to see them together. Poppy's face lights up when her name is mentioned.
Tomorrow is Hayley's day so the birthday posts will continue for one more day.
1 comment:
Okay... they are such a beautiful couple... that's a great picture... ~ kim
Post a Comment