My friend Hannah lost her Dad last night to a heart attack.
He was the Chaplain for the D#ll#s C*wb*oys (coping Kim's spelling to keep the unwanted goo*l*rs away). Click here to see the articles that Kim has posted on her blog. John leaves behind a wonderful legacy.
It is in these moments that I realize how short and precious our life on earth really is.
Today I was driving home from a hair appointment, this little old lady decided to do a u-turn in the intersection that I was turning in to. I started to get frustrated because she was holding us all up. I was gearing up to honk my horn when I had this thought come to me. The thought that in less than 30 seconds this little old lady will be a distant memory and was it really worth the trouble to honk my horn and scare this poor woman half to death. No, it wasn't. As I drove on with no harm done to the little ole lady or to my schedule I made a note to remember this moment as my reminder not to sweat the small stuff. Because the truth is in the course of my life what is 30 seconds of sitting while a little old lady does a u-turn in the middle of an intersection. I mean does it really matter?
Now do me a favor. Get off the computer and go love your family today.
Friday, November 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel so bad for Hannah and her family.
Something like this really does put things in perspective. There were little things I was upset about earlier thay day that kind of disappeared when I heard the news. The more I hear and read, the more I find out what an amazing person John was.
Post a Comment