- Jeff has found his rhythm as the godly leader of our family.
- I have learned that prayer for Jeff, silence on my part and constant encouragement for him from me has played a big part in this. Which basically means I stepped out of the way and let God do His thang.
- Yesterday we taught Children's Church. I had to run down at the end to join the team in singing the closing song, which left Jeff fully in charge of the kids. When I came back after church a few of the moms were sitting outside watching Jeff teach the kids the memory verse. My heart soared to see Jeff doing this with confidence and grace. He loves those kids and they seem to really respond to him as well.
- A sweet family in our church lost their dad/father in law Thursday night to a heart attack. We sang some wonderful songs yesterday and we sang one in honor of the Newman family. As many of you know, "It is Well" is my all time favorite hymn. As we were practicing, we realized that God was doing something amazing with this song. The harmonies, the music and our hearts all blended in perfect unison yesterday. But then when we added the voices from the church and all I can say is "Wow!" It was beautiful! I still get chills thinking about it even now.
- Our church went through a rough patch not too long ago. The church service was pretty bare after many sweet friends and families left. Yesterday while I was standing up front during the announcement time, I watched a family who had arrived a little late struggle to find a place to sit. This was proof to me that God is doing something amazing with our small church who ain't so small anymore.
- Yesterday when Jeff and I came home from church we turned a movie on and just vegged out. Later I started to turn on the computer and Jeff said, "Susan what would you think about making Sunday's computer free zone since this is the only time we are together without one of us having to work or leave for work?" I shut the laptop down and sat back down with Jeff to watch another movie. It is nice that we are both living in the moment and enjoying this time in our life.
God is good y'all! God is good!
2 comments:
Indeed, my sweet friend He is GOOD! I am so glad that our eyes can show us what God has blessed us with. It took me 5 plus years to allow Karl to be the man of the house but since I have started that process rather than trying to change him, God has allowed me to see what a Man of God he truly is!
Yeah for your computer free, husband expressed time on Sunday. I know that y'all will enjoy that!
I think we all need a computer-free day now and then. :)
Post a Comment