I tried to think of a few random things because he never elaborated on what I should say about myself.
So here are 2 random things Jeff teases me about.
1. First thing out of my mouth every morning is "Must have coffee" He says I mumble it under my breath and it wasn't until just recently that he figured out what I was saying. It wasn't until he pointed this out to me that I realized I even said it.
2. I am an avid reader but I always use the wrong word in sentences. If I am telling a story and I decide to throw in a big word 9 times out of ten I said the wrong word with a completely wrong meaning. Most people let it pass but not Jeff he will stop me and say "Did you really mean to say that?" And it is not until he tells me what the word I said means that I realize I said something wrong.
Okay now for Jeff's story.
When we were getting ready to leave for vacation I had a lot of things on my plate to complete before we left. To say I was a little stressed would be an understatement. I told Jeff earlier in the week that I would make sure he had all his clothes cleaned but he would have to pack for himself.
I usually pack for him because I am usually not the one with lots of things on my plate-he is. And because it helps me keep an eye on what he is wearing because he could care less what he wears.
So as we were on vacation, he says that he will need to do laundry soon because he does not have enough clothes. To which I reply, "Did you not pack enough?"
He answer, "I thought I did."
For the rest of the trip I was scratching my head thinking how could he have not packed enough clothes? Doesn't he know that we were going to be gone for 8 days?
When we get home the first night, Jeff starts looking for his shorts that he wears to work. We looked everywhere for them. I told him over and over, "Jeff, I washed them before we left. They have to be here somewhere."
Well, we never find them and he ends up wearing a pair of old work shorts that really should be thrown away.
Later that evening, I am pulling out all of our clothes from our suitcases. I start to clean out Jeff's suitcase and find his work clothes along with his work shirts. Then it dawns on me, his stack of clean clothes that I sat on the dresser before we left is what he thought I was telling him to pack. Even though I told him that this stack was what I just got done washing and I had not packed for him this time.
No wonder he ran out of clothes because that stack was mainly work stuff and a few pairs of underwear. Poor guy. I guess next time I will have to explain myself better or check his bag before we leave.
Here is a picture of the shirt he wore the weekend of the family reunion. Thankfully he didn't wear this to the actual party just that day.
Is this not the perfect family reunion shirt?
Cagle Cousins, he may wear this at Thanksgiving-just so you are prepared.
5 comments:
Ahhhh, Jeff. You never cease to amaze me. ;)
Love the shirt Jeff!
that's funny :) you were probably thinking "wow, he packed so quickly"...but he acutally just packed his folded work clothes. ha
good story :)
That SOOOOO sounds like something MY hubby would do. I bet he didn't even care when you pointed it out, huh?
I thought I was the only woman needing to pack for her man. Too funny! The shirt is hilarious, and perfect for a Family reunion.
Post a Comment