Thursday, November 22, 2007

Today I Am Thankful

I am thankful today for so many things, in fact so many things that this is my longest post in the history of blogging. So sit back, relax and enjoy the pictures.

I am thankful for a husband who did not complain when he stayed up a full 24 hours just so I could drive to Paris to be with my side of the family this year. Seriously, not once but he did use the sleet that was in the metroplex for his sign to head home. We didn't even make it out of Paris and he was sound asleep in the passenger seat. Poor guy!



And in the last few weeks, I have noticed little signs that God is doing amazing things in Jeff's heart. It started with his play time with Elijah last week and then today I noticed him playing with Cousin Roselyn. If my heart wasn't so full of joy I could of easily cried me some happy tears. The next two pictures are proof that God's timing is perfect and it is better to enjoy the ride instead of try to control the ride. God is good!





And the picture below makes me think of so many things that I am thankful for this year. One, is back in the corner sleeping, you will have to enlarge to see little Kanyon. Yes, the Kanyon that we prayed for long and hard this year. It was bittersweet since Jayde is in heaven. I imagine her eating turkey with Nanny Betty, my great grandmother Mom Bonner, Mama Denton and many more of our family members who have gone on to Heaven the last few years. Okay allow me to lighten it up a bit, I am a mess on my side of the screen.



The last picture also serves as proof that the torch has officially been passed to the next generation. Back in the day, we girls, got our hand slapped if we touched the stuffing pan. Nanny Betty guarded this tub like it was the Ark of the Covenant or something. Paige and Jaymie, you have done good, Nanny Betty would be proud.

And now for the cousins who were stuck in Iowa, Alaska and at work in Waco. Here is the only group shot we got today. It was super cold in Paris, 34 degrees to be exact, and well you know us Texans like to stay warm. So the next three pictures are the closest things you will get to a pile of leaves photo.



The next picture below is Cousin Jay praying for our dinner and thanking all of us for the prayer and support we (all 60+ of us) offered this year. I started crying at this point but what's new, I cry everytime I pray these days. Happy, Blessed tears though.


On to the 4th generation photos from today



There is a name for families who multiply like ours. Rabbits. I'm just saying...


Elijah and Roselyn meet for the first time.


I thankfully was not one of those strange people looking at Roselyn. She recognized me and reached out for me to hold her. I guess it helped that I went shopping with her for a car seat a few weeks ago because we obviously bonded that day.



Cousin Paige puts her kids in a corner when they eat. Let me borrow a line from Dirty Dancing, "No one puts baby in a corner!" Elijah LOVES Airplanes! He is making his plane noises in this picture. I love the fact that I caught his face here. Have I ever told you how much I love this little man? I was just making sure I met my qotta for the year!



Braxton calling his aunt and uncle who are in Iowa awaiting thier own addition to the 4th generation.
Sweet Emaline. What fun it was to see her in 3-D.
Playing with the ole kitchen set that we chicks used to play with when we were young.
And now I am just trying to see how many pictures blogger will let me post.





Paige and I took pictures of each other. Isn't Emalines bows so cute! Oh and let me tell you about Emalines shoe, that was thrown over the railing by her brother and landed into Jeff's cup. Oh we laughed but recovered quick when Paige realized she needed to discipline her child. Don't you just hate being the grown up, Paige?

Missy and Jeff were taking the pictures.




Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

4 comments:

Pearson Family said...

YOU Are on the BALL! I love the pictures. Seriously! nanny betty would have laughed her head off about me and Jaymie cooking that dressing. We kept asking TONS of questions! Yes, my kids needed to eat in the corner. The SHOE: HILARIOUS! I still laugh! Sorry Jeff. I think Parker was trying to wake Jeff up! I think he was asleep in that chair. Love you cousin! I need some copies of the those pictures!

Marianne said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing so many of your pictures and especially thanks for sharing your heart! It was a great day.

Marianne

Kendra said...

I loved this one. I love all of yours, but I really loved this one. Glad you had a fun family time there . . .I just love Thanksgiving!!

Susie said...

These are such beautiful pictures. What a lovely family you have! Thanks for sharing with your blogging friends.