The other night, I was sound asleep. I went to bed late and had to get up early. After putting together so many pieces of furniture I was tired, dog tired. Jeff was home because it was in the middle of the weekend and he doesn't work weekends. Jeff went to bed at 9 pm and since he only needs 6 hours or less of sleep, he woke up at 4:00 am wide awake.
For a few minutes, he stirred around the bed quietly. Then all of sudden, he starts singing. Yes, yes that's right, he was started to sing at 4 in the morning.
I was trying hard not to laugh because this would only encourage him to keep singing...in the middle of the night...while I was still trying to get sleep.
He sang, "We'll be shadows in the moonlight, Darlin I'll meet you at midnight
Hand and hand we'll go, Dancin' through the Milky Way."
A few minutes go by, I am desperately trying to ignore him and go back to sleep.
"Jeff, please. I am trying to sleep."
"But baby, don't you want to wake up with me and sing Anne Murray songs too?"
Inside I was dying laughing. Out loud I said, "Jeff you better take your Anne Murray songs and move to the couch because I am trying to sleep!"
later that morning, I was getting ready for work and I heard him singing again.
And he says, "Don't you just love Anne Murray?"
No actually I do not. And the truth is neither does he.
I swear he does this stuff just so I will write it on the blog.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your husband totally cracks me up. Too funny!
He needs an Ann Murray cd in his stocking.
Or Barry Manilow.
Neil Diamond?
great idea andrea! great idea!
I love the stocking stuffer idea! I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I read that story! Too funny. I just love him. But if he were singing that in my room at 4, I would have loved to kill him.
Anne Murray. Good grief. I haven't thought about her in a million years and I just know her songs are going to start running through my head now. So thank you for that. LOL
The men know. They know that everything they say and do is potential blog fodder. :-)
how funny!! i think men do these things just to drive us nuts!! ...they are good at it arent they?! :) he's funny
Post a Comment