So I made a mad dash today all over town doing things that were scheduled for this Saturday but had to be rescheduled due to the opening of the home store. Hair recolored (I am now a light brown instead of blond), buying accessories for the wedding outfit, grocery shopping for Christmas dinners, (yes I said dinners as in plural) last minute gift exchange cards for co-workers, birthday cards, pretty panty hose with a black velvet line down the back and shoes; a pretty pair of shoes.
You know what I realized I hated today? The people that ring the bells outside and those kiosks in the middle of the mall where the salespeople are always trying to get you to buy stuff like lotions or other useless crap. I know shame on me for saying the people that ring the bells. It must be because all such people are smoking as they wag the bell back and forth saying "Happy Holidays!" I want to yell "Say Merry Christmas and throw out your cig!" But let's go back to the kiosk people-kay? I was walking a very fast mall walkers pace and I thought I had the I am on a mission look plastered to my face so they wouldn't jump in the aisle and try to hold me up. But they did and it almost made my Christmas spirit waver a bit. I just smiled, pushed his hand out of the way and kept going on my merry little way. Yet, the next time I made the rounds by his kiosk he did the same thing to me. Again, I pushed his hand aside and kept walking. Not really much beyond that it just annoyed me and I felt I needed to share my woes with you all.
You care don't you? No. Alright then moving on...
Want to see my Christmas shoes? they are flat and super cute!
And my attempt at an artistic photo. Camera needed charged and a new photographer before it will look artistic or visible for that matter.
And me, in my skirt, pretty panty hose with the velvet stripe that goes up the back and my Christmas shoes.
Two things you need to know before I close:
1) In this picture, I am wearing a bleached stained Camp Deer Run T-shirt that will never be thrown away because it is sacred.
2) I bought the panty hose at Fredrick's of Hollywood. I promise I didn't by anything else but that store is lots of fun and I guarantee you if I didn't have groceries in my car I would have stayed and browsed a bit.
What?!?!
I am married, I can dress like that if I want to.
4 comments:
Love the shoes! I think everyone is annoyed by those sales people in the middle of the mall!
I love the whole outfit! I get really annoyed at the sales people, too. They always try to stop me when Jackson is a tantrum throwing mess or when I have just run in to grab one thing and opted to leave the stroller in the car. Inevitably, Jackson will want to be held, and they try to stop the poor woman lugging around a 30 pound weight. Please try to straighten someone else's hair who isn't carrying a heavy toddler or put lotion on someone whose arms aren't full of child. Seriously! Also, when I went to the mall last, I saw a bell ringer who was seriously sleeping in her chair outside of Dillards. Nice.
Unrelated, but I will have to try out that author! I love reading books that are fun and easy to read.
cute - cute... and nice photo!
yes... I was a little frustrated with the sales people in the middle of the mall... gotta give it to them though... that takes some guts!
hey - I wanna borrow that book!
~ kim
Love the outfit!
The only success I've had at not being hassled by the kiosk people is talking on my cellphone when I walk by. Carrying a baby doesn't cut it for some reason.
Post a Comment