I was reading in my prayer journal today, you know the place that I pour my deepest desires before the Lord.
I was blessed to see how God has blessed me this year. How God has blessed both Jeff and I this year. And how He has answered almost all of my prayers this year. All but two. Two out of 300 isn't bad if you ask me.
You see, it's easy to get wrapped up in the stuff that isn't happening and to lose my focus on all that IS happening.
And I am thankful that I have not ran ahead of God's plan for my life.
I am thankful that there is a bigger picture beyond what I see in the here and now.
I am thankful that when we stop pushing God to move us ahead that He provides us with a sweet, sweet serenity while we wait for His timing.
God is good.
so very, very good.
May I also suggest that if you are not keeping a journal of your own, that you go out today and pick you up a journal to write your deepest desires before the Lord? You will be blessed by taking the time to reflect.
Seriously, sometimes we need that little reminder that God is answering our prayers even if we have to wait a very, very, very long time for them to be answered.
Blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I read a book once about God's control being like a control room at a subway station. Everyone riding the subway gets frustrated that things aren't working right on their time, and that we would be more thankful if we knew what the controller knew - that if we got on the subway when we wanted to that it would run into another subway and cause a huge wreck. We have to trust that the ultimate "controller" is doing just that - controlling the situation in a way that we are unable to. It is simply our job to trust that the controller is doing what is right for us! Thing is - it's not always simple, huh!?
VERY good post :)
Thank you for the blessing of your post. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the Lord is in fact answering my prayers...He is just not answering them the way I asked!...He may be telling me "wait" or "no" instead of "yes"!
Merry Christmas!
you're the bestest...
~ kim
Agreed that God is so good and he blesses us in his own time. He takes care of us and gives us what we need when we need it. I love to joural and see how God works in our lives.
Post a Comment