Friday, January 11, 2008

Prayer Warriors Unite!

You know how in the old cartoons, I think it was Super Friends, they would unite together to fight the evil one? And say something like "Super Friends Unite!!" Well that is what I thought of when I wrote that title. And that is so not the point of this post but sometimes my mind works in crazy, crazy ways.

Missy and Gunnar and a sweet, sweet family need our prayers. Friends from their church- their two year old daughter drowned this past week and the funeral is today.

Please drop by Missy's blog and leave her a comment. I know she would really appreciate the encouragement.

Please also pray for the family in the next coming days. And please pray for G & M who will be traveling next week and the kids will be with Lynnie. Please pray for a spirit of peace to pour over Missy, not one of fear and anxiety. Please give Gunnar the right words to say tonight at the funeral.

Sometimes we just don't know why these things have to happen and it is so hard not to shake our fist at the Almighty and say "Why did you do this?!?" So when times like this come, I always pray that no matter what God be glorified.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I just read her post before I strolled on over to your blog. That is so sad. I can't imagine the pain that those parents are going through. ....And Gunnar is speaking at the funeral!? Wow. That will be hard, I bet. He will do great though...I know that for sure.

Melissa Taylor said...

Decatur has had their share of tragedies lately - and they involved children. I cannot even imagine this pain. There was a family that had a tragic accident on Christmas eve in which the dad and two of their children died. The mother and the youngest child survived. Unimaginable. The Decatur family, and now this family who lost their 2 year old, are on my mind and my heart - and in my prayers.

Ashley said...

Man, can't imagine! Thanks for posting about it