Thursday, January 10, 2008

Speechless Moments

In recent weeks, my sweet hubby has left me absolutely speechless. This has been a wonderful thing and one that I fully give God the glory.

1. While sitting in Olive Garden he tells me that he is now mentoring so and so. What?!?! You have taken on a men tee? And his reply was yes, it's time to pour into others. Well, alrighty then, pour away.

2. The other night, I was exhausted. I knew that if I talked too much I would either pick a fight or cry until I feel asleep. Neither one seemed appealing to me so I told Jeff I am going to turn off now so I don't cause a scene. He wrapped his arms around me and said, "I am so proud of you, my excellent wife." Jeff is not usually a lovey type person, so this sweet show of affection came out of the blue and left me speechless.

3. Yesterday afternoon, we were having our household "State of the Union" address. This time has been a real blessing to us and something that Jeff started a few months ago. It's 15 minutes of structured time where he shows me the #'s and where we set goals for our self spiritually and physically. By doing this, I am able to truly enjoy the the journey and trust Jeff fully to provide for our needs. I am also loving watching Jeff guide our family in such a sweet, caring way.

But in the course of our conversation, I asked Jeff what the ETA for moving is. His answer, which I choose to keep between the two of us, is not too far off in the future. It's just not right now and well, I would love for it to be NOW.

Jeff looked me straight on and said, "What changes if we have a house?"

So I started to list off a few things mostly relating to hospitality and having people into our home on a regular basis. He gently grabbed my hand and said, "Well aren't you doing that now?"

"Well yeah but it would be more."

And here is the part that left me speechless, "Susan you have a ministry right? (Yes) You and I are happy right? (Yes, of course) Then maybe what we need to be more focused on how we can serve now, today-rather than how we are going to when this comes or that comes."

Jeff then quoted our theme verse, "Whoever is faithful in very little is faithful also in much." Luke 16:1-13

You see, friends in blog land, it's moments like this that leave me totally speechless yet forever grateful for God bringing this man into my world.

And for those of you who may be tiring of stories about how much I love Jeff, well two things I must say to you.

1) Get over it.
2) And if you could only see where we have come you too would be giving God 3 snaps in a circle!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I love those kind of stories! Keep em' coming! It offers a chance to praise God for all that He does as well as offering hope to those of us still praying for our man to step up and be the Godly leader of the home. I sometimes wonder who God needs to work on more, my husband who needs to put aside past hurts and seek God and His will, or me who is having a very hard time with letting go of control after so many years of being the responsible one in the relationship.

Pearson Family said...

pThree snaps in a circle? I am glad you and Jeff have come a long way! I can't wait to see where you are going!

Rachel said...

Great stories! Praise God for giving you a good man, Susan.

Jodi said...

You are too too funny! That 3 snaps comment was hilarious!

I just love you so much, and just love your sweet hubby. Give him a big high five from me! :)

Tracy said...

Oh snap!

Your hubby is so great! I've never met him, but I think you hit the jockpot. How great to have such an encouraging man in your life.

I know that getting a house will be great....but just think of how much sweeter it will be because you are waiting.

Susie said...

I love hearing these stories from you. God is so good to give you such a great husband, and I rejoice with you. I happen to love my guy a whole bunch too, and they need our affirmation whether it's in private or public. Keep the good news coming!