Since most of my readers are close friends and family I have received some of the sweetest phone calls, emails and comments in the last few days. You do not know how much these have lifted me up. (feel free to keep them coming they are a blessing!) Monday night after Jeff went to work I went to the local christian bookstore. My favorite spot in that store is the wall of scripture pictures. I walked around looking at each one and praying those over silently for Jeff and I. I know that may sound funny to you but there is something about seeing the scriptures hanging on the wall that brought me so much peace.
And so I bought one. This verse has been my verse all my life. It was the first verse that grabbed Jeff's heart. It has been the verse that we have relied on a daily during our waiting period. I put it in our bathroom at my sink. This way I can have a reminder every time I brush my teeth, comb my hair and put on make up that God has a plan for me. I believe that!
Another thing I did that I wasn't going to share with you but since I am being authentic this year, I will. I have thrown away all the ovulation testing supplies. This was hard but it was something that I felt the Lord telling me to do. If I am truly going to trust the Lord's timing for a baby I had to let it go. This is that one area that I have refused to let go. REFUSED. But already I have seen a wonderful change in my relationship with God. Partly because I am so scared of not being in control that I have had to pick up my Bible every minute and refer back to this passage in Hebrews 12:1-2
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
So with that, I am fixing my eyes on Jesus, resting in His promises for me, for Jeff and for our baby (that is waiting in Heaven to come down to me.) And running that race designed especially for us.
P.S. Julie, I loved your comment and mental picture you gave me. I think the same way so it was not trite. Love you friend.
2 comments:
Susan - I know you do not even know me, but I can very much relate to your situation! Funny enough, I have the same verse framed on my bedroom wall, and hubby and I also had it printed on cards that we gave to guests at our wedding, attached to their wedding favors. That verse was also very special to me when waiting for God's gift of my sweet E. May God bless you. Hang in there.
Susan, you are such an encouragement. You are so strong in the Lord that it encourages me to turn to Him more and wait on Him. I'm not going through the same situation as you, but I know there are things I need to surrender to the Lord and be at peace with His timing. Isaiah 40:31 has always been one of my favorite verses. It's a difficult one, especially when you're the type who likes to do things yourself (speaking about me here) and have control over everything. Hah...control...the Lord has arranged things so that I slowly see all my "control" in my life being thrown out the window. He is so sovereign. :)
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Post a Comment