This is what I saw this morning on my table when I came to get my morning Cup O' Joe.
The left over remnants of Jeff's quiet time this morning.
I share this for the wives out there who struggle with waiting for you husband to grow in the Lord.
And may I be frank to you wives?
For the love of all things good, shut your mouth!
You can't change Him but God can.
Instead of nagging your husband encourage him.
When you start to get frustrated with the waiting, shut your mouth and pray for your sweet man.
Don't you dare speak down to him or to your friends and family about him. That's not right.
Just pray for him and love him right where he is at.
You will be amazed how God will change you and change your husband when you let go and trust God.
Now go pray for your husband and love your husband for the love of all things good and holy.
Oh and sit down and wait until your husband takes the lead.
I guarantee you that you will be blessed if you just wait a bit.
3 comments:
You go, girl. Too many women make "sport" of "cutting down" their husbands and try to take charge in too many situations where they should sit down and be quiet! Amen, sister!
I have been lifting you up in prayer...that God would hide you in the shadow of his wing when you feel the storms hitting your heart, and that God would bring new life through you that would have a heart that would only beat for him.
I have often (although I confess it is a somewhat immature and silly thought) thought that when someone is waiting to conceive that there is a child in heaven, just chomping at the bit, bouncing up and down saying "can I go now, huh can I?" And God says, "not yet, baby. in my time." And the child sits back down in his sweet lap content but longing, and God holds on to them a while longer, until the time is just perfect. Isn't that such a silly thought? For some reason that picture is always in my head. Sorry if that is trite.
Thank you for this. I KNOW I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, but sometimes I forget that. I'm glad you wrote this.
Post a Comment