I woke up this morning with a piece of my fingernail in my mouth. At some point in the night, I had a dream that I was trimming my fingernails. I guess I used my teeth to do so which explains the reason there was a fingernail bit in my mouth. At this point, I was a bit confused, not sure what was between my teeth. When I realized what it was, to my utter dismay, I spit it out and tried to fall back to sleep.
Sleep did not come.
I got out of bed and did my lesson for the small group study at church.
When that was done, I still had this you need to do something feeling gnawing away.
I started to organize my lyrics for this weeks music at church. I was missing a song or two.
I usually do not turn on the computer until after 9 in the morning. It is a little rule I have established for myself to keep my life a little more balanced. I typically never turn on the computer on a Sunday because I enjoy having one day completely computer free. Most Saturday nights I spend getting my stuff ready before I go to bed. Last night, I was enjoying a little NCAA basketball.
But I needed my music so when I finished, I found myself surfing blogs to see if this would help me fall asleep.
And then came Boo Mama's post from today.
I can not describe the emotions that came when I saw the picture. Peace, awe, total awareness that God is making EVERYTHING beautiful in His own time for my life. Isn't that a beautiful picture of God's beauty that comes after a storm?
I realize that I am not the only one in a difficult season. Truth is, I don't think difficult is the right word to describe this journey for Jeff and my life, I think it is better than difficult. I think it is fundamental for our journey ahead to walk this road. This time is teaching us and molding us in ways we could never even imagine. And so I choose to walk this season with praise, utter dependence on God every step of the way, knowing that God does have a plan for every part of our life.
But the outcome of this season can be illustrated in the picture on Boo Mama's blog.
I believe after the storms have passed we too will have a beautiful picture to show for this journey, a blossom so to speak.
That my friends is worth the wait, isn't it?
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
B-E-A-Utiful. Love it. :)
Post a Comment