Sunday, April 13, 2008

Too Tired For a Title

I have made it my goal on this blog to remain true to myself, to laugh when I need to laugh, cry when I need to cry but most importantly to glorify God however the shoe fits.

Last night I spent most of the night, on my knees praying for the LORD to reveal Himself to me. My struggles are not for me, I pray for many. I wrestle with the realization that God has chosen little ole me to intercede on behalf of others through prayer. I realize, with total humility that this job could be given to anyone, that God doesn't need me, but He wants me to serve unselfishly through praying for others. The truth is, I relish the quiet mornings alone in prayer. I savor the time where it is just God and me, alone, praying for whatever God brings to me in these moments. I also enjoy looking back, at the journal pages, realizing how sweet and tender the wee small hours have been for my faith in God.

But I am human and today I realized my humanity when I grumbled to my husband about being worn out from last nights prayer vigil. At one point last night, I even asked the LORD, "Why me LORD? When they don't even seem to be burdened?" And later, at church, God gave me a wonderful gift. A sweet friend at church stopped me and told me that she has been praying for me without ceasing this week. I could do nothing but hug her and say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. So as Jeff and I drove home, skipping potluck, skipping small group in order for me to rest, I praised God. While drive under a beautiful blue sky, with the perfect amount of clouds peppered here and there I realized how blessed I was that God woke me up, brought me out of my bed, to pray for those in need. The beauty the Holy Spirit is this: as I pray for these, God sends others to pray for me...isn't that what Christian community is all about.

Thank you LORD for the gift of prayer. Thank you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do through our prayers. Your love, O LORD, amazes me.

God bless you guys, and thank you for letting me share my thoughts today. This is one of those posts that falls under the title, "Getting my words out."

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love how you share your faith and your heart. I love how you selflessly think of others. I love you dearly. :)

Susie said...

Being too tired from praying is a GREAT thing! I wish I was more that kind of girl. I'm tired from life, kids, and often commitments, but rarely from being up praying for others. This inspires me to ask for a heart of prayer. Thanks Susan!