Do you ever just wake up and think, "Here we go again!"
Sometimes the montony of life can wear me down and I find myself not feeling as jolly as I should.
I was looking out the window this morning giving myself a pep talk uttering things like, "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in be glad in it, dad gum it!" But I just haven't felt the rejoice part kick in even after my 2nd cup of coffee. Friends I was feeling blah!
I started to blog it out, erased a line, started fresh (because who wants to sound like a bah hum bug really) and decided I should make a list.
Over the years, I have realized when I feel blah there is something in my life that I am not dealing with, something that needs to be resolved. It could be as simple as an errand that needs to be run, a bill to pay, a phone call to make or I just need to take a shower and put a little pep on my face.
Isn't it funny how getting dressed with hair fixed and make up can make you feel better? I swear it works.
So when I start to feel blah, instead of sitting around moping I follow this little rule of thumb.
1) pray about it (and I confess, sometimes this is the last thing I do)
2) make a to do list of all the things that I am putting off that are starting to weigh me down.
3) open up the blinds, raise a few windows if the weather is right, and turn on my favorite praise and worship music. Something about the combination of praise music and sunlight always lifts my spirits.
4) I take a shower, slap on some make up and comb my hair. Getting dressed adds an extra measure of umph to my day-call me vain but it does help.
5) I take 15 minutes to straigten up the crap laying around my house. Sometimes all the papers, dirty clothes and excess clutter laying around brings me down. I have learned that if I motivate myself to clean for 15 minutes that usually does the trick. And do you realize how much you can get done in 15 minutes?
And usually, this does it for me. I find that I am not so ho-hum any more and have the pep back in my step. So what do you do when you feel blah?
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good list. I could have tried some of these things earlier in the week. There were a few blah days in there, and I was driving myself crazy. Usually I have to force myself to go running or get any exercise. That almost always helps, but I also resist it so much (part of feeling blah). The shower works well, too. And basically doing anything constructive has the potential to help also.
Good to see you this morning. :)
Post a Comment