Monday, May 05, 2008

Glory Revealed


Around this time last year, this CD found it's way into my music collection. It's not the first time that I have mentioned this CD to you all. I just can't tell you how much it has meant to me over the past year.

I was on my way to a women's retreat at church when I bought this CD. This was the first retreat without some of my sweet friends at church, I was sad because the absence was still very raw and I loved (and still love) these chicks. On top of that, my cousin's baby was in the hospital and all of us cousins were pouring out the prayers night and day for little Kanyon. No one in our family could stand to lose another baby since we had already lost Kanyon's twin sister, Jayde. My great-grandmother had recently went to be with the Lord after having her in my life for 29+ years, I felt so empty without her. Life was rough. Life was real and I was tired.

During the drive to the retreat, I started to pray. "LORD fill me with strength, fill me with joy, fill me with your love."
And then came the song. The song that soon became my anthem. The song that I have clinged to more than any song this past year. I told myself during the drive that one day, Lord willing, I would sing this song at church. At this point, I was not on the praise team but that didn't mean I had any less of a passion for singing. I worship God through song.

As you already know, this year has been rough for Jeff and I. As month after month has gone by without that sweet little plus sign, we continue to pray that God's glory be revealed. When M & M became pregnant before us, Jeff held me tight and said, "We must pray for God's glory to be revealed." When they lost the baby, we cried for God's glory to be revealed. A week ago, Meredith called and told me that she was pregnant again. She expressed her fears of losing another baby and I told her the same thing I was telling myself, "God's glory WILL be revealed." And I have prayed without ceasing that God's glory would be revealed in our life.

"Come Lord and come quickly! Do not hold out back any good thing from us."

And to God be the glory!

Praise God for Kanyon's health. Praise God for good report for the little niece or nephew growing in Meredith. And last but not least, praise God for Jeff's strength this past year-I could not have made it through month after month without him.

Praise God for His goodness, His faithfulness and His love that does not end. And praise God for His timing. You see this Sunday, on Mother's Day I will sing the song "Glory Revealed" at church. It will be a sweet time of singing the words, "Every valley will be raised, every mountain peak made low, and the ground it will be leveled and the rough places smooth....Then we will see, the Glory of the Lord, all lives will see the Glory of the Lord revealed, oh the glory of the Lord revealed!"

The only reason I mention it here in blogland is so that you will pray that I will sing without a quiver in my voice and tears choking up the words. I know it will be a blessing to many people on the same path as me this Mother's day so pray that God's glory be revealed in their lives as well.

7 comments:

Maurine said...

I just want you to know that a prayer just went up for you. God's glory is constantly being revealed in you in so many ways. You are an incredible example to so many and I pray that God blesses you GREATLY for that.

The McCarter Family said...

I know you will be awesome and that so many will be blessed through your song - they definitely are blessed through you blogging!

Pearson Family said...

Special post. Praying for you!

Kendra said...

Praying with you, dear one. This one made tears choke MY throat just reading it - I'll pray I can think of you on MD and "choke" for you so you can belt it out pure and clear to the glory of God.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Wow - as soon as I read the line about the timing, I just started to cry. I can feel that something bigger than a song will be happening at your house of worship on Sunday morning. I just prayed for you. And I REALLY wish I could be there to smile at you from the pews. When all of that took place last year is just about the time I "met" you. What a blessing that has been! I pray that in His timing, God will RAIN DOWN the desires of your heart! And what an incredible human being that is going to be!!!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

You are such an encouragement. With prayers that you'll be blessed and be a blessing.

laura said...

That sounds like such a great CD! I'm so jealous I can't rush out to Mardel's and pick it up... next time we're home it will definitely be on my list! You're going to do such a great job this sunday... I'll always remember singing with you at RHCC... great memories Susan! God bless and I'll be praying for you this Sunday!