It seems like only yesterday that you were born. We were all waiting in the hospital lobby for the nurse to come and tell us you had arrived. I knew from day one that I was going to love being your Aunt. At the time you were born, I was in college at ACU. I had pictures of you posted all through out my room so I could see your sweet face anytime I wanted. This picture is one of my favorites because I am sitting next to my favorite Uncle, Uncle Miller. We had a great time talking about all your pretty little features that day. You were such a sweet baby.
My favorite time of year came at Thanksgiving because that was the time you and your family came to Texas to visit for a week. One Thanksgiving you stayed at my roommate and my apartment in Fort Worth. Oh how I loved having you stay with me. For weeks, we were finding traces of you in our kitchen from all the cabinets you cleared out. You always made me laugh with your funny antics. (Elijah reminds me of you at that age) One of my favorite memories was when I was living in the apartment next door to Lynnie (where I still live to this day) You would run from door to door saying, "Hello! I am here!" You stayed on the trundle bed in my room before Uncle Jeff and I were married and we would stay up late watching "Cinderelly." I thought this would help you sleep, how wrong my thinking was. I ended up having to turn it off but I would promise you we would finish in the morning. The first thing out of your mouth the next morning was, "Cinderelly please!"
One summer I came to visit you and your family in Florida. We had a great time playing house and dress up. The day that I was leaving to go to the airport you wheeled in your suitcase and said, "I go with Aunt Sue Sue!" I would have brought you home in a heartbeat if your parents would let me. I realized on this trip that you had a heart for prayer. When we tucked you in at night, you would mumble, mumble, mumble with your hands clasped and eyes closed and then at the very end would yell, "A-men!" and lift us your hands in celebration. You still have the same sweet spirit when it comes to praying and don't you ever lose it!
And then nine years later! Where has the time gone?!? I told Uncle Jeff yesterday that I can't believe it has been nine years since you came into my life. Time flies when you are having fun, I guess.
Faith, you amaze me daily! I love your heart for worship. I love the way that you look out for your little brother and even your sister, even though you don't want to admit that you do. I love your adventurous spirit and how you are willing to try new things. I love the fact that you love school. I still don't know where you get your math skills. I love the fact that you are not afraid of meeting new friends. These are all qualities that will take you far in life. I can't wait to see the plans God has for you. I pray that you never loose your love for Jesus and ministering to others in need.
As you get older, remember this...Uncle Jeff and I love you dearly. We are constantly praying for you that you will never doubt the Lord's presence in your life. We are also only a phone call away if you ever need us. We love you to pieces and I am so thankful that you are my niece.
Love
Aunt Sue-Sue



1 comment:
What a sweet post! :)
She is such a pretty young lady!!!
Post a Comment