You know when God speaks you should listen. My daily bible readings have me in the middle of Psalms and mmm, mmm, mmm, God is meeting me right where I am. This to me is proof that God is full of grace because I just finished reading May 10th last night and well, today is May 22nd.
Here are a few that have been good to me over the last few days.
Psalms 8:3
"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers-the moonlight and the stars, you set it place...what are mere mortals that you should care about them?"
Psalms 9:1-2
"I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you I will sing praises to your name, O most High."
Psalms 9:9-10
"The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed; a refuge in time of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you."
Psalms 16-the whole thing was good for me but here are two that I L-O-V-E
Psalms 16:2
"How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? ...Restore the sparkle in my eyes or I will die!"
(I like the restore the sparkle in my eyes bit because who doesn't love a chick whose eyes sparkle!)
Psalms 16:11
"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasure of living with you forever."
Psalms 17:6-7
"I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways."
And we skip ahead a few Psalms...
Psalms 37: 3-5, 7-8
"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your hearts desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord, Trust Him and He will help you."
And the one that left me speechless
Psalms 37:23
"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."
And I close with what I wrote in my journal, join me in my inner sanctum. Feel privileged friends, not many are able to read the words in these pages- but you caught me in a generous, over sharing, mood.
I wrote, "I cannot fathom the idea that you, O Lord delight in every detail of our lives yet time and time again I see it happening. I guess part of me is realizing that this waiting period is not in vain. You have blessed us in the waiting!"
The point of the story is this:
1. God is faithful to us even if we fall behind a few days in our reading.
2. Don't ever underestimate the power of a journaling what you read in the Bible.
Time in the Word never returns void.
That's all for me this week, I am taking the weekend to meet up with my DEER friends for hug and howdy time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen! The Psalms are so good and amazingly, so relevant to our lives.
Susan, I love reading your blog. I am always blessed! Your honesty and courage in seeking God is refreshing and inspirational.
Love you!!
Post a Comment