So I was going to be real cute and put up this picture of a vintage television screen to illustrate my five favorite television shows.. I googled one, clicked on the link and OH MY EYES! Pure yuckiness, I don't want to type the real world because all the freaks and geeks will come out of the woodwork when they google that word later tonight. I mean I googled "VINTAGE TELEVISION" and what I got was very, very disgusting. Blach!!! So no cute picture, I am too afraid to try again.
Today a faithful lurker---I mean reader is going over to the darkside and getting cable today. I thought it would be fun to list my 5 favorite television shows on cable so that she can start off right. Feel free to share your favorite too!
Ace of Cakes- Baker Duff does some of the most creative cakes. They are very fun to watch.
(A-this is the show that we say you look and act like the receptionist)
Dress My Nest I love decorating shows but I like Thom's approach to finding the client's individual style. If you haven't ever watched it, you should. It is very inspiring to the home decorator in me.
Jon and Kate Plus Eight- the kids are cute and the parents are very real with each other. And for your viewing pleasure I will post my all time favorite clip of little Aaden, the funny part is about 3 minutes in.
Divine Design - I know another design show but it truly is one of my favorties
Project Runway, Clean House, Flipping Out,
Okay so I couldn't limit it to 5...sue me!
Now please tell me what are you favorite shows on cable television?
Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOVE me some good design shows. I'll have to look for the Nest one. I also watch Ace of Cakes... so cool. I don't watch tons of cable shows, just tons of Sports Center. But I do love me some House Hunters. And I like that show on TNT called The Closer. Comes on next week I think. :)
I love "Dirty Jobs" and "Deadliest Catch" - both on Discovery. Mike Rowe cracks me up on "Dirty Jobs". Hope your lurker enjoys her new cable.
I have not watched ANY of those shows before... I will need to look out for them... your first paragraph craacked me up... OH MY EYES! (sorry you had to see yucky - but your story behind it cracks me up!) See you tomorrow... ~ kim
After 5 years of no cable, this past year I've WAY overindulged in some of these favorites:
Project Runway ("Make it work!", Jon & Kate Plus 8 (Makes the day with Owen seem so mild.), The Next Food Network Star (living through the lives of others, I know), any Food Network Challenge (these people are amazing!), and last but not least, The Colbert Report. Funny stuff, I tell you. Now that school is out, I plan on binging on all these shows that have been piling up in my DVR the past few weeks.
Post a Comment