Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Mom Was Right, All Hell Breaks Loose After Midnight :)

The night going into Jeff's birthday, I was sleeping like a baby. Jeff was up front surfing the Internet when he heard a big bang that sounded like a gun shot.He heard the car driving by outside and heard what sounded like shots being fired. Jeff ran into the room to check on me and started saying in a loud voice. "Susan, are you okay? Are you hurt!?! Did you hear that noise?"

To which I woke from my slumber and said, "What are you talking about? What is going on? I haven't heard a thing."And he says "The window up front was shot at, I think it may be broken?"


"Really, hmm." I am still asleep, not really sure what to think.


Jeff grabs his flashlight and heads outside. "Jeff, don't go outside and get shot at."



He ignores me and heads outside. When he comes back he says, "Don't worry all is well, it was just a paint ball."


I wasn't worried, I was already back to sleep. :)


In the morning, when I went walking this is what I saw. Whoever did this had good aim because every window along the front of our apartments was shot with a paintball.

All's well now, the apartment complex has cleaned it up and thankfully no windows were broken.

Poor Jeff almost died the night of his birthday of a heart attack.




5 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

That's hilarious!

Rachel said...

Holy cow! Great to know how you'll react in an emergency situation. By the way, Roselyn was in her high chair this morning and spotted your picture out of all the pictuers on our frig and said "See Susan? See Jeff?" She loves you guys! I don't know when she started saying Susan instead of Su-su, but it was clear as day.

Tracy said...

that is so funny :)

i bet you'll be able to laugh about that (or maybe laugh AT jeff)for a long time!

Lynnie said...

Yes, your mom was right! Is that the same as "her children will rise up and call her blessed?"

Your Mom!

Wade said...

That's why my parents always gave me a midnight curfew.

"Nothing good ever happens after midnight!"