Life has been a little crazy lately. I have found myself being more frustrated than joyful the last few days.
In an effort to change my thought process I decided to complie a list of happy thoughts.
1. I am going away for a girls weekend in three days. I love time away with my girlfriends and I love the fact that I have a husband who encourages me to go.
2. Yesterday after being out of town the past two Sundays, our church was full of hugs and glad to see ya's when we walked in the door. I love being a part of a church that feels like an extension of my family.
3. The Olympic success-makes me proud to be American
4. Good friends who pray together in good times and bad.
5. an upcoming weekend get away with the Hubs
6. Charger football coming soon
7. Fall weather in general (I will be ready for cooler weather)
8. The new Eddie Bauer catalog came in the mail last week. I love this store!
9. Hubs and I are also finally discussing moving plans. I am almost afraid that by mentioning it I will somehow cause us to hit the pause button yet again but things are finally falling together. I continue to pray that the Lord will release us from this phase of our life.
10. When I find myself getting down on the waiting period, I turn to 1 Cor. 4:16-18 and remind myself that all that is going on right now is only temporary and working a bigger purpose that I can't see. Reminding myself of this gives me hope for tomorrow and allows me to keep pushing ahead.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just thought I'd tell you that I read your post wondering who 'Hubs' was, thinking it was an abbreviation for some friends' last name, but i finally caught on. I'm a little slow, I know. I hope you find plenty of joy in your life in the next few weeks - you deserve it and you are so good at finding the silver lining! Love you.
Great list. Sorry I missed you on Sunday! I was in the nursery and then didn't see you at potluck.
Where are you all considering moving? Not far, I hope!!
Post a Comment