
"Wheter you turn to the right or to the left your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying "this is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21
I am praying for God to come and guide me. I am praying for the right door to be opened so that there is no doubt that this is the direction in which Jeff and I need to move ahead.
Over the past two weeks, I have been tired, run down, moody and frustrated with life as a whole. I put God on a shelf for a bit because I choose to take out my frustrations on Him. I am tired of waiting and I am tired of being told no, not yet. I have been praying for God to release us from this season of our life but have been too terrified to move ahead.
This weekend I went away for a weekend of cropping (scrapbooking for those who don't know that term), chatter and food. When I left all I wanted from this weekend was a time of rest. I wanted to get away from all the craziness surrounding my life. It has been nuts not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Let's just say that God used Friday and Saturday to draw me closer to Him. I opened my journal on Friday and was reading a few of my past entries.
A few weeks ago when Jodi called to tell me about Baby Brooklyn I hung up the phone and immediately got on my knees to pray for my sweet friend and her unborn child. After I finished praying, I pulled out my bible and came across three verses. I remember reading them thinking man these are perfect for Jodi and David's situation. And yet when I read them this weekend I thought to myself man this is perfect for Jeff and my situation.
The first is written above.
The second is Isaiah 42: 16, "I will lead the blind by ways they have not know, unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
The third is Isaiah 58:8-9, "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call and the Lord will answer, you will cry for help and he will say, "Here I am."
These verses reminded me that God is not only guiding us but He is near. It told me that when the dark days come that God will be there, He will not forsake me. And when I cry to Him for help he will answer, "Here I am."
I don't know about you but isn't that the epitome of a blessed assurance to know that God is near in good times and bad? After I read these verses, I had to just stop and praise God for His nearness. I praised God for Him faithfulness to me even though I distanced myself from Him for two weeks. I came away from this weekend with clear answers to the path that God is choosing and I am praying for the open doors so that there is no doubt in both Jeff and my mind that this is the way that we should go.
I will keep you posted.
3 comments:
Perfect for both of us, dear friend. :) LOVE you!
wise words... wise words. ~ kim
It is great to read an update from you. I was actually thinking of calling you today. Those verses you posted are wonderful.
Will be continuing to pray for you and Jeff this week.
-Jenn
Post a Comment