Nancy Leigh Demoss is doing a wonderful series on Miriam, Moses' sister. To listen from the beginning and at your own pace you can go here. I copied and pasted a few of my favorite parts so I could remember what God is teaching me during this journey. You know the minute I get discouraged or feel like God has forgotten about us, it never fails that God uses that time to encourage and spur me on. I am encouraged by Nancy's teachings, a phone call from a friend telling me that God laid us on their heart and they wanted to call to check on us, a song on the radio, and time spent in the Word. All of these remind me that God has not forgotten about us, that He does have a plan and we just need to wait, with faith, on Him. I put in bold and italics our new family motto. If you know me at all you should not have a problem realizing the one that struck a chord with me.
Maybe these quotes will bless you too. Beware it's a lot of material so if you don't have time to read it all, come back when you can or listen to them on the website at your own pace. This series will bless you I promise.
From: Parenting Under Providence
What is God’s providence? We’re going to see it in spades in this passage. God sees ahead. Pro- vidance: pro = before, voidance = vision. God has vision. He can see things ahead, and He makes provision for what’s coming that only He sees and knows.
You could break the word down this way: Pro-vidence—God’s providence. He provides for what He knows is coming. He’s always orchestrating the circumstances and events of our lives to fulfill His purposes.
As we continue in this account in Exodus 2, I want you to look for evidences of God’s providential hand and care. The thing about providence is that most often you can’t see it when you’re in the midst of the circumstances. You only see it when you look back.
That’s why we need to trust now, when we can’t see what God is doing, knowing that one day we will see and we will understand that God was not oblivious. He was not inactive. He was not asleep on His throne. He was very actively involved, knowing what was going on and working to make provision.
Let God write the script. Let Him do it His way
From: The Seeds of Faith
Someone has said that God's will is exactly what we would choose if we knew what God knows, and that's the heart of providence. It's knowing that God does see, and God does know. It's trusting His heart when we can't see His hand.
It's saying, “Lord, when I can step back in time or eternity and look back on all this, I will see You did all things well, and so now when I'm in the midst of this furnace or this Red Sea or this loss of a child or this oppression of mental, emotional, physical—whatever the enemy is, whatever the obstacle is—I trust that You are here. You are working. You are moving. You are accomplishing Your purposes, that if I knew now what You know now, I would say, 'Lord, You're not making a mistake.'”
You wait patiently, and you don't manipulate. You don't—well, I want to say you don't whine, although I have done some whining. I will confess. Let's see, what do you do? You . . .
Woman 3: . . . say, “Thank You.”
Nancy: You say, “Thank You.” You say, “Lord, I will praise You. My mouth will exalt You all the time, regardless of what I feel, regardless of what's going on. I will bless the Lord at all times.”
You wait, and you let God be God. You say, “In time, I will see, and I will know.” If not in time in this life, then in the next I will see that God was glorifying Himself and was blessing me. God loves us. He does want to bless us, His children, and these things will come to be for our good and for His glory.
For those of us that have done cross-stitch or needlepoint, so many times, and mine in particular, you look to the backside, and it's all knotted. It is not a very pretty picture. That's how we look at life sometimes, but God is up here. He's looking down on that needlepoint picture at what a perfect, beautiful picture it is.
From The Spotlight Is On God
So we learn a lot. When we’re obeying God, we’re blessed, and God can use us. When we go outside God’s plan and God’s place for our lives, then we will suffer consequences.
It reminds me of what Romans 15 says:
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope (verse 4).
Listen, we don’t need all those extraneous stories to give us hope. We have the Word of God. And through the encouragement of God’s Word, we have hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for the encouragement, Susan. I, too, have been listening to Nancy Leigh Demoss' Miriam series. I always feel blessed when I listen to all of the good things that she has to say. I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for sharing what God has been teaching you.
Post a Comment