Friday, September 12, 2008

What's Up Buttercup?

I have found myself saying this to Jeff when he walks in the door from his afternoon walk (6 mile walk that is...6 miles....you go dude!) I don't know why I have started saying this but I do and he just gives me that look that makes me know he is thinking "What planet did you come from?"

Sigh.

Do you want to know what's up buttercup in our world?

Busy, busy, busy we are but joyful, joyful, joyful are we too.

Nope, no news to report on project positive plus sign. I promise I will shout it from the roof tops when that day comes. For now, I am encouraged. God is constantly showing me His presence and I am thankful. I believe James 4:8 to be a verse full of promise. "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you!"

And friends I have found that when I lean on Him, I am stronger, peaceful and overflowing with joy for our little journey. I realize there is a reason for this season of waiting and I am at peace with this.

J and I have been leaning on the lyrics to the Rich Mullins song where he says, "Step by Step You' ll lead me and I will follow You all of my days." Today we took the next step and all day I have felt God's presence surrounding us. I am choosing joy and I am choosing to walk step by step with God.

I believe He is leading us. I believe He has great plans for us and for this I am grateful.

You know I often pray that our journey be a testament to God and I pray that God use this season of waiting to bring glory to His name. Oh God, you are my God and I will ever praise you.

Have a happy, joyful weekend and I hope everyone in Texas stays dry and safe.

3 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

God does have plans for you - I know He will do great things through you. One day we will give Him the praise and the glory when you do have that plus sign!

Kendra said...

I'm believing God for you, dear friend! So glad you are soaking up THIS season of life - it is an irreplaceable, sweet season that will never happen again!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I bet you had a ball at your reunion. And, of course, God has an incredible plan for you, and you are living today. Who knows what today will be tied to tomorrow? Your thoughts on this blog are such an encouragement! And, yes, I agree with your assessment of high school research papers--big words, long sentences really stand out whether or not they make sense.