Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gratitude Attitude

I was reminded of this quote today in my quiet time.

"Gratitude- The heart that is constantly overflowing with gratitude will be safe from those attacks of resentfulness and gloom that bother so many persons." A.W Tozer

I wrote in my journal today that I choosing gratitude over self pity and then wrote the following list. I share just a few with you.

Lord, I am thankful for my husband, his strength, his leadership and love

Lord, I am grateful for my church family who continually encourages me in good times and bad always pointing me back to the cross.

Lord I am thankful for renewed friendships. Thank you for bringing people into my life who I have not talked to in many years. Too many to write and I praise you for these old friends.

Lord I am thankful for the ministry you have given me-what a joy to see Ephesians 2:10 played out in my life.

Lord thank you for the feeling of contentment that overflows in my life right now. Thank you for showing me that this time of waiting should be cherished. I know your timing is perfect so I wait with hopeful anticipation for the coming months.

Friends, God has been faithful over this past year to show us that His timing is perfect and that He does have a plan for me. As I finished writing my last thankful statement, I looked at the bottom of that page and this verse was written there.

"For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord, "They are plans for good." Jeremiah 29:11 TLB

And on another note, I can't wait to share with you pictures from the last week. Jeff was on a roll one night and I was able to capture his mood on camera. I have pictures from the Turkey Trot too.

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Saturday. I am heading to the movies in an hour to see Quantum of Solice then Hubs and I are going to be one with the fellow consumers of DFW and shop a bit.

No comments: