Monday, December 15, 2008

Meet the Newest Member to the Aunt Sue Sue Nest



Our nephew Jacob Matthew was born yesterday at 8:08 p.m. weighing 7 lb 8 oz, 19 1/2 inches long and we love him.

Yesterday after church Jeff and I headed home to start our traditional pancake dinner and Sunday afternoon nap. One phone call changed the whole course our day. We spent the next 7 hours, cheering and pacing until we were able to see that sweet boy.

Meredith did a fantastic job and while everyone was watching Jacob get bathed and weighed, I snuck off to have a few minutes alone with my sweet sister in law. Poor girl was sitting all by herself staring at the ceiling and reflecting on her accomplishment. I will always stand in awe of how well she did yesterday. She was a champ and 85% of the time was all smiles. She did a GREAT job!

Matt, Jeff's little brother did a great job supporting his wife too. I loved watching his face when they wheeled Jacob down to the nursery. His smile stretched all the way across his face.

I will never forget the look on Jeff's face when he asked his brother "Well, how was it?" The brothers have been keeping us girls in stitches as they talked about the dynamics of bringing a baby into the world the past nine months. Matt's response, "It was AWESOME and not scary at all!" Jeff, now can you be a little less of a worry wort when our time comes?

And I think Jacob's cousin Hayley is a bit smitten with the new addition (a huge answer to prayer). After she held him, she came up close to me and whispered, "I love him and he is perfect!" I almost cried tears of joy because that is exactly what Jeff and I have been praying for that sweet girl for the last few weeks.

God is faithful. God is good. God's timing is perfect. Today I am thankful for all that God is doing and all that God is going to do. I also can't wait to go back to the hospital and love on my sweet nephew!

1 comment:

LlamaJ said...

So sweet!