Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soaking It All In

I realize that in the next few weeks it is going to be very crazy around here. I look forward to the craziness, it means that changes are coming and after 6 years of the same ole, same ole-change is good.

Earlier this month Jeff and I decided to scale down Christmas for the two of us. Usually we go all out and buy those things that we have added to the list since the last Christmas season. This year we are buying a house and have big plans for our little place so the money is staying put.

I have also not accepted every Christmas party invitation this year. Jeff's work schedule is so busy this time of the year that when it comes to the weekends, all he wants to do is stay home, in his pj's, doing absolutely nothing but flipping the channels over and over again.

I have yet to hit the mall. I think I am avoiding that place because last year I almost got run over by a lady who wanted a parking spot I was walking by. So yes, I am little afraid of the big ole mall this year.

I haven't even shopped at Wal-Mart for groceries this year because I just can't handle it the chaos right now. Instead I have shopped at the old run down Kroger up the street where the average age customer is 75 years old. And well, the checkers are all retired too so things run at a much slower pace. A pace I find I prefer these days.

I guess you can say that I am soaking it all in this year.

And that to me is the best way to spend the Christmas season

1 comment:

ASC said...

Congratulations on your home! We, too, are trying to keep things very simple and focused this year for Christmas -- and it's wonderful! Merry Christmas to you!