Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008- Our Year In Pictures

Movies


(Edited to add: Click on the picture above and hit play next to the word slideshow to see the video)

This video started out as a simple project and quickly turned into a two day ordeal. The pictures became a bit grainy after I posted it to google albums but it will do. Even though it took longer than I hoped, it was a fun way to look back on 2008.

I think Jack Johnson's words, "It's always better when were together" could be Jeff and my theme song for this year. Even though this year was full of ups and downs, we found great joy in being together. I am thankful that God has brought us to the same page. I know that many of the things we had to go through this past year served to unify us and strengthen our marriage. This past year we had many ministry opportunities together. I will never forget the joy that came the day Jeff and I prayed with Maudie to become a believer. What a joy it was to share in that moment together! I am also thankful for Jeff's words of encouragement when month after month nothing was happening. I had a friend ask me one time how I was able to be joyful in the waiting. I quickly answered, Jeff. Apart from my prayer time with God, Jeff has been my rock and constant encourager. He is a blessing! I am thankful for this past year that has brought us closer together.

I am also thankful for the time I have spent in the Word this past year. I am happy to report that I actually finished the Daily Chronological Bible. I encourage each and everyone of you to do something like this in 2009. What a blessing it has been to realize that no matter where I was in the Bible, God was able to use those scriptures to touch my heart. Even when I was reading Numbers and The Chronicles.


2009 goals to be posted soon, along with my word that I am going to cultivate in my life. But I must hurry on because I have a day off with my husband and want to soak up the downtime with him.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Great slide show :)

The older we get, the faster the years seem to go!!

Happy New Year

LlamaJ said...

I love the slideshow!