
Every year Ali Edward's chooses a word that she and her family will focus on during the year. I love this and so I have chosen to join in again this year.
This year my word is delight.
What does it mean to delight? And how does this to apply to my everyday life?
Delight
Main Entry: 1de·light
Pronunciation: \di-ˈlīt, dē-\
Function: noun
Date: 13th century
1: a high degree of gratification : joy ; also : extreme satisfaction
2: something that gives great pleasure
3archaic : the power of affording pleasure
One of my goals for this year is to memorize more scripture. I found one verse constantly coming into my daily life, Psalms 37. As I started to look at Psalms 37, one word seemed to stand out. That word was Delight.
Two key verses I have tried to apply to my life this past year.
1. Psalms 37: 4
"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires."
2. Psalms 37: 23
"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."
In 2009, I am choosing to delight in the Lord. I believe that by doing this I will also be more trusting of where He is leading us. And by knowing that God is leading, I will gratified, filled with joy and at peace.
My goals for 2009 are simple, I want to delight in the everyday joys of life.
Delight in God and His plans for us.
Delight in the blessings He is sending to us on a daily basis.
Delight in our story being written in every single moment of our lives.
2 comments:
I like it! Delight!
LOVE it... love the photo, too... very delightful! ~ kim
Post a Comment