
It's no surprise that my favorite song is Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield. It also should be no surprise that I have a little bit of a crush on Rick.
He's hot and plays the guitar and sings Jessie's Girl.
Jeff has known that I am a huge fan for quite sometime. Last year I begged Jeff to fly us to LA to hear Rick in concert. I had it all planned out and thought it would be a fun way to get Jeff back to his hometown for the weekend. He said no. I was bummed but took it like a big girl because Rick was coming to Billy Bob's on our anniversary weekend. Again he said no. I did not pout but I thought to myself somehow, someway I am going to see Rick if it's the last thing I do.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago...
Jeff told me he had a surprise for the weekend of February 28Th. He cleared my schedule and gave me strict orders to not add anything else to our calendar. I was fine with that and very proud that I allowed myself to be surprised.
The only hint that he gave me is that we had to be there at 10:30 p.m Saturday and that I would probably want to dress hip.
Hip? What?!?
Saturday afternoon we were running errands when the curiosity got the better of me.
Me-Dallas or Fort Worth?
Jeff- Fort Worth.
Me-Cowtown or Downtown
Jeff-Cowtown.
Me- Billy Bob's?!?!?!
Jeff- Yes, how did you know?
Me- I was born and raised in Fort Worth and there is only one place that starts a concert at 10:30 p.m.
Jeff- Do you want to know who it is we are seeing?
Me- Sure. Is it Rick Springfield?
Jeff- How the heck did you guess that?
Me- Just lucky I guess.
Then I gave him a big hug and proceeded to tell him why he was the greatest.
Poor Guy was surrounded by a bunch of 40 plus year old women and one 31 year old screaming our heads off. When we left the concert he said, "That is the gayest thing I have done in a long time." He's right it was but it was worth hearing Jessie's Girl played live by Rick Springfield.
I told him don't worry I will never make you do that again.
He then gave me a hug and proceeded to tell me why I was the greatest.
P.S. Why yes, I did dance my tail off during Jessie's Girl. Sadly that is really the only song that I knew word for word...I guess I am not the biggest fan after all. The girl next to me knew all the words and his life history including but not limited to, his birthday and birthplace.
2 comments:
Very fun bday surprise! Tell Jeff I said he did good! And I know you were the cutest one there when you were dancing to your song . . you always were such a cute little dancer! he!
You should definitely continue to explore his music, old and new. It is NEVER too late. ;-) I am a life-long fan of his....and sound like the girl who was next to you at the show! lol I can tell you...Jessie's Girl is an awesome song, and his most well-known, but he has much better songs (hidden gems) than just Jessie's Girl. I LOVE his live shows and am so addicted to him!
Great surprise from hubby too! How nice of him. :-)Next time...just go with the girls so he won't have to "suffer." :-D
A Rick fan for life,
Kelley68
Post a Comment