In the song that I will be singing at the Women's Renewal there is a line that I love.
"I'm loosening my grasp, there's no need to mask my frailty but you see the real me."
I love the phrase "loosening my grasp" because how many times have I held on tightly to one thing or the other.
The past few weeks have been very surreal for me. By nature, I am a planner. I like to have all my days lined out and plans in place a few weeks in advance. Since the beginning of our relationship Jeff has tried to get me to loosen up a bit. On our honeymoon Jeff had this wonderful adventure planned out for us in California and every time we were some where new I would say "What's next on our list?" He would answer back with "You taking medicine or something? Relax! Enjoy yourself." So for the past six years I have been working very hard at sitting back, relaxing a bit and enjoying each day as they come. Yet I often find myself wandering what God is doing with us. Last night as I was straightening the house, I had a moment where it all clicked.
Why not enjoy the path God has chosen for you instead of struggle against it?
I treat God the same way that I treated Jeff on our honeymoon. Jeff had this wonderful adventure planned out for me yet I couldn't enjoy the present moment because I was consumed with what would be happening next. I find myself doing the same thing to God today. When we moving? When are we going to have a baby? Why are we waiting? Why can't we have it all right now? What are you up to Lord?
But you see God has this wonderful adventure planned out for me as well and I believe that He wants me to enjoy this moment fully. I need to trust God's plan for our life. I need to sit back, relax and enjoy the road ahead. And so that is just what I am going to do.
Today in my journal I wrote, "Lord, forget the plan. Forget trying to figure it all out. Help us Lord to trust your guiding hand. Lead us Lord-show us your ways."
"In his heart a man plans his course, bu the Lord determines His steps." Proverbs 16:9
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Beautiful post. I struggle with the same thing, and this ministered to me. Thanks.
God always does have the best plan, doesn't He? In our Bible study last night the comment was "God never says NO, he just says 'Wait and see what I have planned -- it is even better than what you have planned.'" Like the song we taught in Bible Hour years ago -- Have Patience!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts - you are not alone in your thinking!
Thank you. You are always an inspiration and encouragement to me.
Post a Comment