Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Wait Is Almost Over!

I received an email yesterday telling us that we will probably close March 18-20Th! That's next week y'all! Praise the Lord!

I did the happy dance in the living room/office and then went to tell Jeff who was sleeping.

I got a half asleep high five and then he told me to let him sleep for another hour. The tone translates to "Woman you woke me from my slumber! How dare you?!?"

Five minutes later he comes strolling into the living room/office and says, "Did you say something about closing?"

Turns out the half asleep high five was actually him doing a big stretch with his hand over his head while waking up and he didn't really know what I was saying. My bad-I thought he was awake and coherent.

The other night we spent two hours at Lowe's walking the aisles. I would have been glad to keep going but Jeff was beat. As we were leaving, he teased me that I was the only woman he knew that could out shop a man at the home improvement store. I have found that it really is one of my happy places. I am a freak I know.

I found this light the other night to go over the kitchen sink. Jeff does not like it but has finally resolved the fact he just doesn't have a vision for home decor. This could be because I keep telling him, "Jeff you just don't have the vision do you?"


If there has been anything I have learned in the past few months of planning the home renovation is that you must compromise with each other.

For example, I am giving up my pretty red wall in the living room for a kitchen that is not painted beige but grayish blue. See already we are finding ways to give and take without killing each other in the process. Now that to me is a sign of a good marriage-when you can disagree, find a compromise that works for both parties and still love each other at the end of the day.

I will keep you posted as things progress, I guarantee it!

2 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

How exciting - what a fun time. I am so happy for you.

Amy Pennington said...

I am so excited for you!!! Waiting is so difficult!