In the past few weeks, I have found myself more mad than glad. My mom used to tell me "You can be happy in the pants that you were just mad in." Or something like that... I've tried, Mom, promise.
The point is I have been completely and totally ticked off with circumstances completely out of my control. I realize I am being totally ridiculous, especially in light of others who are suffering far greater than me today. Last night the stress of last week got to Jeff and I and our last conversation of the day ended with me giving him a detailed list of all the things that were making me mad. I hate that I said the things I did, most were totally self-centered and absolutely stupid.
You see I have been more mad than I realized about the situation with the house. I realize that God has something better for us but it still hasn't helped me not be mad. I have been pathetic in my prayer time because of this. Rereading my words written in my prayer journal I sound like a spoiled brat and that just makes my skin crawl. Truth is, my little apartment with the office in the living room is far better than the shacks that many people in other countries are living in. This post reminded me of that. And I have never suffered the loss of a child like this woman writes about today. These posts put my life into perspective and remind me yet again I am a blessed woman.
I am blessed.
Blessed with a husband who loves me despite my selfish mantras.
Blessed with a job that I enjoy doing so much that it hardly seems fair that I get paid to do this.
Blessed with a sturdy roof over my head, a comfy pair of pants to sleep in and a nice, soft pillow to lay my head.
Blessed with friends who span the globe and who have stood by me through thick and thin.
Blessed with a family who loves me warts and all.
Blessed with a church family that seems like an extension to my family.
Blessed with God's saving grace.
Blessed with a God whose plans for me are bigger than I could ever hope or imagine.
I am blessed.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen. Wonderful post. The self-centeredness part spoke to me.
I catch myself in the self-centered, loathing attitude more than I want to admit. God has got to be so sick of my whining. I love you for sharing with so much honesty. Thank you!
Post a Comment