Thursday, May 07, 2009

Motherhood isn't for wimps

I am playing house with the nieces and nephew for a few days while the parents are in Israel.

I had a good chuckle to myself last night once the kids were all in their beds.  They were very thoughtful last night to let me know that it was officially time for bed.  We talked about this in advance.  I asked them to give me a signal when they were ready to head upstairs they said don't worry they will. And lo and behold right around bedtime they all melted down one after the other, just like a stack of dominoes. Aren't they nice to oblige their dear aunt?

Little E was so tired that he even told his sister "Don't you even think about praying for me tonight!"  Faith wasn't phased by this and prayed anyway.  Which may be the reason he slept all night, in his own bed.  Praise Yah Jesus

Anyway the chuckle came when I was dragging myself to bed completely and totally whipped from my day. I just had to laugh at my tired butt since most of my friends live this life 24-7. I mean motherhood is not for wimps.  Thankfully they start small, that's all I'm saying.

On a side note, I would like to take a moment to thank the Lord for a little miracle that happened today. The 7-year old only said "I don't know what I want to wear" 30 times instead of 150.  She sure did get moving fast when I told her that if she wasn't dressed when the muffins were ready that she would have to get cereal.  This girl will do almost anything for a food that can be paired with butter.

Good times at our place.  

Good times.

P.S. the other miracle is happening as we speak, Eli is sound asleep on the couch after falling asleep in the car.  We are now going into the 45 minute stretch 

1 comment:

daughteroftheking said...

Ah I'm sorry but they do get a little testy when it's time for bed! That's hilarious about Eli telling Faith not to pray for him! He can be especially testy when he's tired. And i'm thrilled Katy didn't freak out to much with her clothes. I'm gonna try the muffin and butter trick next time she pulls that on me! Thanks for all your help!
Love you