Monday, May 11, 2009

Overhaulin the Living Room/Office



The biggest thorn in my flesh is my living room/office. I have not done anything with this little place because I kept thinking we were going to move. And as you already know that is not the case right now, at least for another 6 months. Now my living room/office is going to get a major overhaul because I am choosing to fully embrace this period of our life.

The plan is simple: throw away and redecorate.

Here is a few of the things I am going to do.
  • I am keeping the desk because I really need the storage for catalog pictures.


  • I am changing out the office chair to something with more pizazz. Maybe a zebra print dining chair
  • I am adding a hutch to my makeshift desk to house my notebooks and other misc office stuff.
  • I am adding curtains to the windows since Jeff refuses to paint.
  • I am also giving the love seat that the in laws gave to us to my sister in law (she has the matching sofa)
  • I am bringing in my favorite chair and ottoman from storage.
  • I plan to add a few lamps since we do not have an overhead light in the living room.
  • I have a rug that I am going to throw down on our worn, dull apartment carpet.


My goal is to have the office serve as an office by day and a living room by night. At the end of the day, I want to clean off my desk and sit in my comfy chair without having to look at all this junk.

I realize that this is going to be a huge challenge but I am looking forward to having this project to sink my teeth into. I will keep you posted as I progress.




P.S. The above picture is what my desk looks like during the middle of catalog update season. It can get to be pretty scary and messy at times.

No comments: